No Existing Sub can get Turbo HD?

Is it naieve of me to think that Dish will have to offer some form of HD Only Package to their current subs post 08/01? I mean, that is their whole strategy. Though Charlie never ceases to completely stupify me, I would think common sense would prevail. To not offer your top of the line service to your most loyal subs just defies logic, so I am hoping there is more which we are not aware of. I want to pull the trigger on HD Only, however, refuse to do so until the Fox Channels are added. I will not go without Fox News or the final season of The Shield, and will deal with in SD if need be.

Is having the HD only package really that great? Why not just add the same amount of HD channels to your existing package for $10. Seems easiest to me. I'm not a huge beleiver in the HD only package yet.

Is having the HD only package really that great? Why not just add the same amount of HD channels to your existing package for $10. Seems easiest to me. I'm not a huge beleiver in the HD only package yet.

I don't watch about 95% of my SD channels, so the HD Only really makes sense for me--especially in terms of cost. I can get roughly the same package, minus the channels I don't watch, for about $20 less a month

I would think that Dish will change some of the promotions around after a few months. They usually do. Whenever they make big changes they try them out for a bit, then make adjustments

Well, I received my response from Dish. Not exactly addressing my question but, a big "screw you"

"Thank you for your e-mail. We regret to inform you that you cannot have access to regional sports network unless you have at least America's Top 100 Plus. Our records show that you have been offered a free upgrade to HD DVR. If you want to take advantage this offer, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474 to set up an appointment for a technician to come out.

We do not allow customers to disconnect the service just to have Turbo HD. You were able to get the best promotion that we were offering from the date that you started the service. If you want to disconnect the account, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474 to disconnect through a customer service representative, who will go over disconnection options and final disclosures with you.

We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email."

I guess Dish just doesn't care.

Wow that is a big "screw you."

Well, I received my response from Dish. Not exactly addressing my question but, a big "screw you"

"Thank you for your e-mail. We regret to inform you that you cannot have access to regional sports network unless you have at least America's Top 100 Plus. Our records show that you have been offered a free upgrade to HD DVR. If you want to take advantage this offer, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474 to set up an appointment for a technician to come out.

We do not allow customers to disconnect the service just to have Turbo HD. You were able to get the best promotion that we were offering from the date that you started the service. If you want to disconnect the account, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-333-3474 to disconnect through a customer service representative, who will go over disconnection options and final disclosures with you.

We thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to DISH Network -- Home or reply to this email."

I guess Dish just doesn't care.
Doesn't care? They offered you a free DVR upgrade. A DV isn't cheap and most existing customers have to pay for them. Would you like Dish to just give you everything for free?

Yup POOF gone...

Looks like once again someone loaded internal stuff they are working on to the live website.

The TurboHD stuff looked like it was still a work in progress.

Doesn't care? They offered you a free DVR upgrade. A DV isn't cheap and most existing customers have to pay for them. Would you like Dish to just give you everything for free?

No, I'm not looking for a bunch of free stuff. I would still have to pay for the DVR fees. It would only be a free install and upgrade to new receiver. I'm not under contract. That is pretty standard, I think. They offered me this when I told them I like what I have but want to add RSNs to my hd only. I never wanted a DVR. It was like hey, you can't have what you want but try this completely different offer.

Yup POOF gone...

Looks like once again someone loaded internal stuff they are working on to the live website.

The TurboHD stuff looked like it was still a work in progress.

They are probably trying to find a way to emphasize the 8PSK even more. That's what's really going to bring in the new subscribers. I know when I was trying to convince my 64 year old father to finally get DISH, he kept saying "Yes, but do they use 8PSK transmission technology? That's all I care about!" I mean, they had it buried down towards the bottom of the page. It really should just say 8PSK across the top in huge 3D letters, and then they could just sit back and watch DirecTV bleed out.

(Holy crap, I just realized...is that where the "Turbo" comes from?)

DISH Network, I love my DVR, and I'm pretty happy with my service, but you guys are freaking retarded. Worst...Marketing Department...Ever!

OK..after talk to an american CSR late last night...YES..AN ACTUAL AMERICAN CSR IN THE STATES..
I was informed the same thing, TurboHD will be for new subscribers only. She also suggest I downgrade to HD Absoulte now if I am considering doing so because their internal news is this package will be gone by 8/01..
I went ahead and made the jump..lowering my bill from $50 for DVR Advantage/AT200/Local + $20 for HD Ultimate to $40 with HD Absolute + Local + DVR Fee..
I was debating between keep the DVR Advantage for $50 + $10 HD Essential or take the plunge and go to HD Absoulte for $40..
Ultimately, I decide to stick it to Dish and not let them have the extra $20 out of my pocket every month..
Even if it means I have to watch RSN on my computer using SLINGBOX since my brother just had one installed and he is a happy Direct TV customer..

OK, I am really confused!!! I AM a new customer, they are supposed to bring out my things and set up service on the 29th. (All HD and locals) Should I wait then??
Would I get a better deal? Seems that package with 2 receivers (1-dvr)
would be cheaper then???

I decided to not worry over these HD packages and switch to AT250 plus HD ultimate. Dish offered me $10 off per month for 10 months to do this. I also have about $15 in club dish credits. I will downgrade to Dish Turbo Gold if and when Dish allows it.

Does dvr advantage work with hd absolute or we just pay the dvr fee. Also if I was using the 510 I would still get the sd equivalants from the hd correct? If I changed today I would just miss my rsn's and G4. I also have WPIX superstation, so i would still receive those and my locals in SD also? Thanks

I have a new question. Why would DISH add new HD channels to HD Absolute but not add the RSN's. Is it contactual or what. There would be no big deal with this whole thing if they were to just add the RSN's to DISH HD Absolute. Then all of us existing cutomers that don't have it and were waiting for the RSN's would be able to get it and be happy. That is what they should do and we would all be happy and could do HD Absolute before 8/1 and be grandfathered.

I have a new question. Why would DISH add new HD channels to HD Absolute but not add the RSN's. Is it contactual or what. There would be no big deal with this whole thing if they were to just add the RSN's to DISH HD Absolute. Then all of us existing cutomers that don't have it and were waiting for the RSN's would be able to get it and be happy. That is what they should do and we would all be happy and could do HD Absolute before 8/1 and be grandfathered.

This would be the perfect solution for current DishHD Absolute subs. While I think it would be mentioned if it were happening, has this completely been ruled out? Of course, RSNs are some of the most expensive channels, so I don't think Dish would want to add them to such a cheap pack.

Also, many of the subs complaining about not being able to go "turbo" are AT XX0 customers with an HD add-on. For them, one of the thing keeping them from switching was the RSN. While the turbo packs are more than Absoulte, they still are cheaper than AT100+ or higher with HD Essentials.

Does dvr advantage work with hd absolute or we just pay the dvr fee. Also if I was using the 510 I would still get the sd equivalants from the hd correct? If I changed today I would just miss my rsn's and G4. I also have WPIX superstation, so i would still receive those and my locals in SD also? Thanks

1. Fee
2. Yes, mostly (some HD stations do not have SD equivalent)
3. Yes to locals, not sure about Superstation.

Ted

This would be the perfect solution for current DishHD Absolute subs. While I think it would be mentioned if it were happening, has this completely been ruled out? Of course, RSNs are some of the most expensive channels, so I don't think Dish would want to add them to such a cheap pack.

Also, many of the subs complaining about not being able to go "turbo" are AT XX0 customers with an HD add-on. For them, one of the thing keeping them from switching was the RSN. While the turbo packs are more than Absoulte, they still are cheaper than AT100+ or higher with HD Essentials.

According to everything we hear, which mostly comes from this site, is that RSN's will not be added to HD Absolute. The problem is DISH does not make things clear to the regular sub who does not look on SAT GUYS for info. If it were not for this site we would probably have no idea about what was going on and would be hit by surprise on 8/1. If I knew the RSN's would be included in HD Absolute I would switch now but I dont know for sure. I will have to stay with what I have at DVR Advantage AT 250 w/ HBO,STARZ, Cinemax for a penny, and Multi Sport because I dont want to lose my RSN and also BIG TEN HD. DISH needs to be more clear on their website about packages and changes that are coming instead of the Surprise attack with the great example being VOOM, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts