No MSG HD - Not Again Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vinny*

Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
1st game of the season and no Islanders on MSG - HD on Center Ice. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? Another dispute?

its on for me on 778, 778-1 and 779. 779-1 is off but I think another thread explained that as 'expected or normal'

ICEBERG is the hockey expert.

its on for me on 778, 778-1 and 779. 779-1 is off but I think another thread explained that as 'expected or normal'

ICEBERG is the hockey expert.

778 is the Fox Sports Florida (Panthers) feed. 779 is the MSG (Islanders) feed, and 779-1 is blacked out. It's not normal, MSG pulled all the HD feeds from Center Ice. You can only get them if you're in-market.

Here's the other discussion: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/268216-center-ice-channel-782-sd-4.html

If you've already subscribed to Center Ice, CANCEL IT. NOW. We need to send a message that we aren't going to put up with this $#i+.

but 778-1 is not the Islander feed...yes its in HD but some folks dont want to listen to "the other announce team" ;)

If you go to 635 it says blacked out unless you're in the NY market

but 778-1 is not the Islander feed...yes its in HD but some folks dont want to listen to "the other announce team" ;)

If you go to 635 it says blacked out unless you're in the NY market

Is this another MSG, Center Ice despute? Can I cancel if I am not getting the HD games on MSG this year? Put up with it last year. Don't want to watch my teams feed in SD all year. This is rediculous.

the game is the game to me; I almost always mute the announcing so I can watch all the games in peace. but i hear ya

Is this another MSG, Center Ice despute? Can I cancel if I am not getting the HD games on MSG this year? Put up with it last year. Don't want to watch my teams feed in SD all year. This is rediculous.

Yes you can cancel, and they will refund whatever you have paid. Make it clear that you are cancelling due to the MSG feeds. Also do not take it out on Directv. This fight is between MSG and the NHL, but all of the providers and customers are getting screwed because of it. Fire off an email to the NHL here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/feedback.htm (this page seems to have blown up in the past hour, so it must be getting a workout!) and let them know in no uncertain terms that they have lost a customer over this and you will not resubscribe unless the HD feeds are restored.

Will they let you cancel now that season has started?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

You posted just after I posted this:

Yes you can cancel, and they will refund whatever you have paid. Make it clear that you are cancelling due to the MSG feeds. Also do not take it out on Directv. This fight is between MSG and the NHL, but all of the providers and customers are getting screwed because of it. Fire off an email to the NHL here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/feedback.htm (this page seems to have blown up in the past hour, so it must be getting a workout!) and let them know in no uncertain terms that they have lost a customer over this and you will not resubscribe unless the HD feeds are restored.

Yes you can cancel, and they will refund whatever you have paid. Make it clear that you are cancelling due to the MSG feeds. Also do not take it out on Directv. This fight is between MSG and the NHL, but all of the providers and customers are getting screwed because of it. Fire off an email to the NHL here: NHL.com - The National Hockey League (this page seems to have blown up in the past hour, so it must be getting a workout!) and let them know in no uncertain terms that they have lost a customer over this and you will not resubscribe unless the HD feeds are restored.
I know it's not Directv. I did fire off an e-mail to the link you gave. They will probably just file it in the I DON'T CARE file.

Will they let you cancel now that season has started?

Normally NOT, and I have my doubts that they will because of this, they will tell you that it is available, they don't care who's calling it, it's available.

I'm not sure why Matt thinks it's a definite that they will refund him.

Jimbo said:
Normally NOT, and I have my doubts that they will because of this, they will tell you that it is available, they don't care who's calling it, it's available.

Yea I was thinking the same as I know they are real strict when it comes to the out of market packages and cancel once season starts. But hope it will work for the op

Uhm, because I just did it earlier tonight? That's why?

From the other thread:
Whelp, HD feed of Devils, and Isles games are blacked out, so I called in and cancelled it. The rep I got this time said she doesn't know the details but confirmed that ALL MSG HD feeds have been yanked for the foreseeable future, and that I wasn't the first one to cancel over it. So anyone who has CI for an MSG team, cancel it now. It'll send a message.

And in case you don't believe me:

cirefund.png

cicredit.png

Uhm, because I just did it earlier tonight? That's why?

From the other thread:

And in case you don't believe me:

cirefund.png

cicredit.png

I would say that you got REAL LUCKY .....

It's clearly started in the agreement that you CANNOT drop a Sports package AFTER DAY 1 of the season, up to that point it's fine.

Just because you were able to talk your way out of it, doesn't mean everyone can.

I would have to disagree, since she told me that I was not the only one to cancel over this. And I didn't have to 'talk my way out of it', I simply explained why I wanted to cancel. "Talking one's way out of something" implies that there is resistance encountered. I got no resistance, I was offered $10 a month off for 6 months to keep it, which I declined, but it wasn't even HINTED at that I wasn't allowed to cancel it.

Believe me, I know the fine print, and when I called I was ready for a fight.

Well I see they have added all the MSG HD games back to the guide on the Center Ice channels. Hopefully it is fixed now? They were all erased from the guide last time I checked. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)