No odd transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wufpak93

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Help.......I am helping a friend install a round dual lnb dish and single receiver........no multiswitch and no splitters............only a 20' run of rg6............no odd transponders signal zero.........even transponders are around 90????????

switched lnbs from my system and receivers???????? His receiver works on my dish.......i put my lnb on his and nothing for odds???

tried 2 different cables?????? Am I missing something???????

thanks for the advice

72.5 is only on the odd number transponders the evens will show N/A - but that is only for locals. What sat are you looking at?

I set it up for 101........it's the round dish only a dual lnb.........????????? But the ODDs are at zero.......Going to try a new cable tomorrow.......whats the chances both were bad???? I also tested the receiver and it is fluctuating voltage from 11.50 to 17.50 depending on the transponder.......thats on a short piece of cable.........2 feet..........so it appears to be operational as well..............................????????????????????????????????

thanks

where are you located? If you're outside of the Continental uS, you probably wont get odd transponders

ok your safe then :)

I had to ask because there is an issue if you are outside of the US with not getting odd transponders

Eric Goempel said:
72.5 is only on the odd number transponders the evens will show N/A - but that is only for locals. What sat are you looking at?

I thought the 72.5 bird used only the even transponders???

wufpak93 said:
I set it up for 101........it's the round dish only a dual lnb.........????????? But the ODDs are at zero.......Going to try a new cable tomorrow.......whats the chances both were bad???? I also tested the receiver and it is fluctuating voltage from 11.50 to 17.50 depending on the transponder.......thats on a short piece of cable.........2 feet..........so it appears to be operational as well..............................????????????????????????????????

thanks

I do not know what the tolerance is for the voltages but ehe 11.5 volt reading is a little low, it should be about 13 volts... which is the Odd transponders.

Maybe someone else knows the tolerance of the voltages.

Jerry

tried a new cable which i tested on my system.....also retested the lnb and receiver again on my system... is it possible i am tuning in the 72.5???????? never had this problem before and i have installed 7 or 8 of these and used mine other places.........never had a problem just tuning off of the tv signal meter???????? if im on the 72.5 which direction would i aim in the sky??? not getting anything anywhere else though???????

appreciate any help
thanks

Well if you re-tested everything at your house and it works. That should rule out a short in the LNB. (That's why I asked if was plugged in) You may be pointed at the wrong bird . Are you getting a pic on channel 200 or 201?

cant get past the setup and acquire data............nothing loads???????? so i have no program guide or any channels???

my signals are from 92 to 95 on every even transponder 2 to 32???

Since you didnt list where in NC I chose Charlotte

elevation/azimuth and such for 101

44 elevation
222 azimuth

you gotta be aimed at 72.5 because they use just the evens.

222 azimuth is 1/2 way between straight south and straight west

the azimuth here is supposed to be 214 and the elevation 44 ..........never needed the compass in the past because its always been about SSW and then i use the receiver tuner to fine tune...........is the 72 bird at the same elevation as 101.............going to try the move to the right a few degrees now.........

thanks

thanks guys it works great now......... what does the 72 bird transmit???? Just curious??? Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)