No PIP for D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chargerrich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Kansas City
I signed up for D* last week and have an install scheduled for this Friday.

While I am pretty psyched for my new setup and the fact that D* can accommodate my install needs where E* could not, I was a little surprised to see my friends D* HR24 (which is very nice otherwise) could not provide any PIP when browsing the DVR or channel guide.

Say it aint so! :eek:

I have to admit, I got kind of used to that feature... it does not seem very technical and the HR24 "looks" light years ahead of my former 722/622 setup in terms of technology.

Whats the limitation and are there plans to implement this with D*?

I signed up for D* last week and have an install scheduled for this Friday.

While I am pretty psyched for my new setup and the fact that D* can accommodate my install needs where E* could not, I was a little surprised to see my friends D* HR24 (which is very nice otherwise) could not provide any PIP when browsing the DVR or channel guide.

Say it aint so! :eek:

I have to admit, I got kind of used to that feature... it does not seem very technical and the HR24 "looks" light years ahead of my former 722/622 setup in terms of technology.

Whats the limitation and are there plans to implement this with D*?

I don't believe D* has EVER had a unit that did PIP, I know they haven't in the last 6 years.
Also, you may be just as surprised to find that MOST of your TV's no longer have a PIP feature.

I use to have a Sony LCD that had a wonderful PIP set up where you could get two pictures side by side, same size as well as the smaller screens that most use.

Yes it is true DIRECTV receivers do not do PIP.

PIP is something so 1990's... I am still shocked they dont offer this basic feature.

As far as I know there are no plans for PIP on DIRECTV receivers.

Yes it is true DIRECTV receivers do not do PIP.

PIP is something so 1990's... I am still shocked they dont offer this basic feature.

As far as I know there are no plans for PIP on DIRECTV receivers.

Yet try to find a tv with native pip and you have a long wait.

Pip might come I remember when I thought I never have dual live buffers and now look we have double play.

Every TV I have has PIP built in. However to watch satellite via PIP in the TV requires two seperate satellite receivers.

Every TV I have has PIP built in. However to watch satellite via PIP in the TV requires two seperate satellite receivers.

Mine have native pip when to start shopping for tvs to replace the last crt tv in he house in the guest bedroom and could not find a tv with pip on it not even the sonys best buy had out I did eventually find one but 60 inch tv does not go into a guest room.

My Pioneer Elite Does have PIP, but I NEVER use it.

Also, you would have to have it set up so that the PIP signal would be able to be in HD, most PIP 's have 1 side HD and the other is Not.

I admit I would have never and had never used it prior to my former Dish setup, but given that it seems so basic and common among the Dish guide, that I just assumed that D* would have it.

Now I just need to find something D* does that E* does not so I feel better :D

Directv does have the picture in the guide (PIG). Is that what you are asking about, or do you mean showing two different channels on the same screen? (PIP)

I admit I would have never and had never used it prior to my former Dish setup, but given that it seems so basic and common among the Dish guide, that I just assumed that D* would have it.

Now I just need to find something D* does that E* does not so I feel better :D

You shouldn't have to look to long to find something that D* does better. :)

How much do you pay monthly for a DISH HD DVR ?
How much for the second DVR (fee's wise) and so forth ...

I can't imagine not having PIP. When there is sports on PIP is on, my wife stopped complaining about it, most of the time.

Didn't Dish receiver do PiP internal to the receiver and one of the pictures was SD?

If you do find a current TV that has PiP you may find that one of the pictures has to come from the internal tuner.

IMO, PiP went the way of the dinosaur when the DVR was invented.

The new PiP is two flat screen LCDs mounted on the wall next to each other. Fed by two DirecTV receivers. :D

Only thing I miss about switching from Dish.

It was nice to be able to have 2 matches on at the same time

A feature I would love to see is pick your own 'mix' channels

I just bought a new Samsung and it offers PIP, but one of the pictures has to come from the tuner, as someone posted.

I haven't had PIP I could use for about 12 years, and I didn't use it then!

When I need "PIP" I prefer 2 TV in the same room (think NFL season). I rather not watch one 80% screen and another tiny screen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)