Now an official Voomer - Install complete!

t77054

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
Houston TX
Well, after about 1 1/2 hrs, I am now an official voomer! Had a 2-room install in an apt on 2nd floor. Used umbrella stand for dish mount. Works great. I'm stoked. Installer was nice and helpful...knew what he was doing (though a couple hours late due to a difficult install 45 mi away). He said that it would take 24-48 hrs to download PG data. Picture looks great (on 1080i channels of course). Used a radio shack ANT1250 so I could pick up PBS (VHF) and I've got it! It rivals Discovery. Very happy! Long live VOOM!!

Yes I do. The stealth was just a little big for my apt, so I went and purch (prior to install) a small UHF/VHF antenna (Silver Sensor was just UHF) so I could pick up PBS. But yes, I get the UHF locals too!

that gives me lots of hope considering my balcony faces east like yours.

Welcome to voom! I'll be hooked up in 2 days... I can't wait to ditch tvmax/optel!!

Thanks. And yes, no problem on the orientation. If you're facing east, you're good to go (azimuth is around 120 degrees or a tad south of east). And it's good to finally feel like a real member of the group now. Can relate to the conversations, etc. IMO, Voom can only get better. Granted some programs are awesome, some have pixilating issues from time to time, others older and just upconverted. But all this can only improve. I'm ready to ride the Voom wave. You'll dig it. Ahh, and let's not forget about ESPN...surf's up!

Thanks Jim! Got a great group here. Let's hope we're all on the cusp of a revolution. HD rules!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts