NPS G3 change done

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
NPS pulled down 50% of their channels as of midnight 4/8/2010. It's just a mess right now what's left. Kinda like NPS itself. :eek:

Yes, I noticed the big empty spot on Transponder 1 on the Broadlogic Spectrum Analyzer.

NPS purchased air time on transponder 1 first after moving from G9, then got transponder 7 after. Tr 7 was the one dish network was supporting for their distant networks. So it makes sense they quit paying on Tr 1 first. I wonder if NPS still has some free credit on TR 7 that Charlie over at Dish network prepayed? Could be why TR 7 is still up there.

According to NPS's original story Motorola was ending support April 15 and they extended it to December. Could the whole NPS story about Motorola been fabricated around NPS's unwillingness to continue paying for transponder space on G3. TR 1 was running out in April and TR 7 runs out in December. NPS figures C band is dead without G3 since SRL sells everything else and it takes away NPS's edge. This could be a possible theory of everything that caused NPS to fabricate the whole blame Motorola story. I would love to have had a spy in those business meetings that led to NPS's decisions and really know the truth.

Those feeds were garbage anyway. I could probably take an old VCR, run it into a surplus Hughesnet Internet dish, and transmit something that looks better. :eek:
Good riddance to 'em! :rolleyes:

Those feeds were garbage anyway. I could probably take an old VCR, run it into a surplus Hughesnet Internet dish, and transmit something that looks better. :eek:
Good riddance to 'em! :rolleyes:

Yes G3 looks terrible and I think got worse with the compress what's left to one transponder from what I have seen so far. Im glad that runs out for me in a few weeks.

I have old video tapes with better quality than G3. Were spoiled by watching the backhauls and masters. Everyday Joe thinks Dishnets SD is the cats meow so that how come NPS got away with what they did. Quantity vs Quality rearing it's ugly head on Pizza HD lite now :eek:

Almost thought they'd forgotten - on last night, off this morning!

Oh well!

Last edited:
> Everyday Joe thinks Dishnets SD is the cats meow so that how come NPS got away with what they did. Quantity vs Quality rearing it's ugly head on Pizza HD lite now.

The answer is simple. Make C (NPS) Band look like crap, then when you migrate the clients over to pizza land they will think the picture quality is the clarity of diamonds. (Of course we know that diamonds and coal are both made of carbon, but the pizza folks dont.)

Last edited:
G3 look like crap yes, but c band masters no. I was watching a c band cable master mux that was ITC yesterday and it looked fantastic. I don't know how they can say pizza HD is so great and better than our first gen's even in SD.

I was watching a c band cable master mux that was ITC yesterday and it looked fantastic.
Yeah, when I get the opportunity to catch a C-band HD master,
on my Digitrans DTE 7150 and HDD-1000 commercial combo, it's nothing short of breathtaking! :eek: I wish the masses could see this stuff for comparison!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)