Nutty Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going ahead and starting my spring planting. Winter here, didn't happen and won't happen. Might as well take advantage of it and get my bulbs started two months early.. :)

this week it changes...big time

46 tomorrow
48 Tuesday
36 and dropping Wednesday
14 Thursday with low of 9

good.....I want some cold weather so I can go ice fishing....little hard to when there are still spots with open water

Snowy Mountains are called snowy for a reason...and there is hardly any snow in them this year. Way different than last year.
Spoke to a local rancher. He sez 'If there's gonna be a drought, winter time is a good time for it.' I agree. I'll take heavy spring storms rather than a snowy winter. Forecast sez 1-2 inches of new snow tomorrow. For now, at 5600ft elevation, there is not enough snow to ride the snowmobile.

I predict that we're going to have a horribly hotter than ever summer and I also predict that we are gonna get it big times with some major hurricanes this year.
I'm sick of living directly on the Gulf of Mexico. WHY did my ancestors think this was such a great place????????????? :(

I predict that we're going to have a horribly hotter than ever summer and I also predict that we are gonna get it big times with some major hurricanes this year.
I'm sick of living directly on the Gulf of Mexico. WHY did my ancestors think this was such a great place????????????? :(

Problem easily fixed.....just move!

We had 80s on Xmas and NYE ..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Drove down to central NY today through the "snow belt" off the end of Lake Ontario and there is no snow anywhere. I have only ran the snowblower once this season and then I could just as easily have shoveled what little bit we had. With the price of home heating fuels, we can all be thankful for the mild winter so far.

Last edited:
Drove down to central NY today through the "snow belt" off the end of Lake Ontario and there is no snow anywhere. I have only ran the snowblower once this season and then I could just as easily have shoveled what little bit we had. With the price of home heating fuels, we can all be thankful for the mild winter so far.

We need a mild winter to help keep the heating bills down since the price of everything else is forecast to be going up this year, at least that's what CBS evening news was talking about.

........I'm sick of living directly on the Gulf of Mexico. WHY did my ancestors think this was such a great place????????????? :(

Problem easily fixed.....just move!
Dee just may have the same problem about moving as I do. After living in the same house for 54 years, it is hard to just give it up. I know we should not be that much attached to material things, but when you like your house and yard, not the climate, it is difficult. Myself, after 5 trips to the great Southwest, I have those rocks and dry heat pulling on me. Makes it even more of a problem......

Dee just may have the same problem about moving as I do. After living in the same house for 54 years, it is hard to just give it up. I know we should not be that much attached to material things, but when you like your house and yard, not the climate, it is difficult. Myself, after 5 trips to the great Southwest, I have those rocks and dry heat pulling on me. Makes it even more of a problem......

Well my Mom just passed away about 2 months ago and Dad is all alone now. I have to stay near to help him. Dad has never lived a day alone in his life, mom ran the house, finances, cooked, cleaned, scheduled appointments, everything.
Now he has to learn how to do everything for the first time in 75 years.

The other big concern is how much longer Dad will be around. His side of the family isn't famous for longevity so we're kinda trippin out now. My folks (and family) have been here for a loooooong time and my folks have a LOT of stuff.
Most of Mom's things, I've laid claim to. Most of Dad's things, I have no need for and it's going to be a nightmare to sell them off. We're talking mega tonnage.. They have a nice two story house in a nice neighborhood and it's 100% paid for, no mortgage's, no loan's, no liens against it. It's 100x nicer than my house. Even if I sell off Dad's massive machines there will still be a LOT of stuff, too much to move. And then to move away and go get into debt? Nope.
I don't owe anyone any money and I never will. Everything I own is paid for, everything I will inherit is paid for so I won't be inheriting any debts. Just a nice house full of nice things in a nice neighborhood. I do dream of living much further north in much cooler digs but it's not really feasible. Besides, I figure I only have about 20 years left anyway. Might as well stay put and ride it out, sooner or later it will all end then my kids have to deal with it all.

......I don't owe anyone any money and I never will. Everything I own is paid for, everything I will inherit is paid for so I won't be inheriting any debts. Just a nice house full of nice things in a nice neighborhood.......
That IS great! I sure wish I could make that statement. I will have to work up to two days before I pass. 'Cuz everyone should have at least one day off.
RT.

53 yesterday in Minneapolis and low tonight of 4...ugh!
no wonder I can barely walk...damn arthur-itis

53 yesterday in Minneapolis and low tonight of 4...ugh!
no wonder I can barely walk...damn arthur-itis
And it can be really bad! A friend's wife has it BAD. Mine comes and goes. Makes you wonder why the knee hurts for two months and then it just goes away and you can jump up and down without any pain?:confused:
Storm is here now. Rain to the East and snow showing on radar to the West. Crazy, January 12th and bare ground. Just looked out the office window and saw a few snow flies.:(

Well, winter finally got here as yesterday we had record warm weather and today 13 degrees, 25 MPH winds and around 5 inches of blowing snow so working on my Prodelin dish will have to wait and the seven day forecast doesn't look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)