Nutty Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say if you don't like the weather here in the Pacific Northwest...

wait 15 minutes and it will change!

Yesterday, March 10th, we were riding motorcycles and ATVs in our shirtsleeves.

Today I had to sweep snow off my dishes to watch TV.

Yup! You sure got dumped on up there. I only got 5 inches out of that storm. Lots of rain before the snow hit. Today, there is almost nothing left in my yard. (Good).

Rt.

I checked, it is the 12th of March and a few rumbles of thunder today. Then a flash of light outside and the loudest blast of thunder I have heard in years kept right on rumbling for many seconds. RT went under the bed in seconds. Almost thought of following him. Then tornado warnings! South and far East of me, but this is March! We don't have things like that in Michigan this time of year. Usually watching the piles of snow melt. Already gone this year. What next?:eek:

RT.

I really hope im wrong but if this weather pattern which has taken away winter this year in many parts of the US continues!It will be the hottest summer here in the NE and nothern states that i have ever seen since i was born 55 yrs ago.I may be sounding gloom and doom but im not looking foward to several long term heat waves with lots of high humidity to go with it.The news media will have a field day with this im sure.Hoping im wrong and this weather pattern will change for spring and summer and its seasonable.

I really hope im wrong but if this weather pattern which has taken away winter this year in many parts of the US continues!It will be the hottest summer here in the NE and nothern states that i have ever seen since i was born 55 yrs ago.I may be sounding gloom and doom but im not looking foward to several long term heat waves with lots of high humidity to go with it.The news media will have a field day with this im sure.Hoping im wrong and this weather pattern will change for spring and summer and its seasonable.

Hot summer = HOT Gulf of Mexico = MAJOR hurricanes. :(

stanleyjohn said:

We had the 2nd hottest and driest summer here in Oklahoma last year. Almost 60 days over 95. 18 over 100. We were hitting 90 and up from May onward last summer

Sent from my HTC Flyer

Hot summer = HOT Gulf of Mexico = MAJOR hurricanes. :(

Absolutely correct, unfortunately. Look for a very busy tropical season this summer/fall :( ...

Insects are going to be a major problem in the spring and summer as well. We had no freezes in New Orleans this winter. Closest we got was 33 the second Saturday before Mardi Gras.

....And the nutty weather continues!
Pixl, Did all that 15-18 inches of snow you got a short time ago all turn into water today. It was on the news that Traverse City got to 80 degrees today!:eek:
I hit 74.6 for a high.
Almost 75 degrees on the 14th of March!:eek:
We should be watching the high snow banks starting to melt and hope they would be gone by the end of March. I really HOPE the fruit trees don't get started and then we have 25 degrees for several days. That would be a total disaster.

We're mid 70's into the 80's here this week and predictions are most of next week too. That's 20 degrees above normal for March around here. Everyone was firing up lawn mowers yesterday.

Still hoping the weather pattern changes for seasonable temps just in time for spring and summer.Long range forecasting is hinting to a change but they also predicted it to change a few times the last several months with no success:(.I like doing my outdoor yard work like gardening but wouldn't want to do it 12 months of the year!Thats one of the reasons i enjoy living here in the northeast!I have a quarter of the year that i can take a break from outdoor stuff.

Well we're 20 degrees above normal for this time of year as well. They also reported that we're 168% above normal on rainfall.

Last year it was rainFAIL. This year, monsoons... Last year our lakes almost dried up, now we are at 3.5% short of normal lake levels.
Heavy, flooding rain is predicted for next week which is expected to top off our lakes and likely cause flooding problems.

Last year my yard all but died and turned into a desert wasteland. The gas went bad in my mower and the battery died from sitting unused so much.
Now, my yard and plants are exploding in green, the grass is growing crazy out of control, my plants are starting to flower. :hippie:
And of course the mosquitoes are out of control as well. The county is NOT spraying. :mad:

It' supposed to be in the 80's all week with the low temp at night being 70.. As always, the air conditioner chugs around the clock.

It has been cool at night here (50's) so I keep the windows open at night and close them during the heat of the day. Works out just perfect! The house stays about 68 - 70 degrees w/o the need for the furnace or the AC. Dang nice for March.

RADAR

Just on the news, another tornado in Michigan. It is STILL WINTER! Dexter got hit BAD.
This is nuts for Michigan.

RT.
WOW! I saw it on the news! :eek:
Sure is a lot of devastation there and miraculously no serious injuries or deaths! The radar was really lit up last night! I thought that some of that was coming my way but we ended up with just a small storm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)