Offers your getting from various companies (dbs and cable)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jagouar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2004
College Station, TX
Offers you're getting from various companies (dbs and cable)?

Similar to the other thread but this is for others but more general.... dish, directv, cable.... post your offers so others can know what people are getting.

Also for dbs post if you were a customer in the past (ie returning customer)... same with cable but i dont think it matters much.

EDIT: Yes for the grammar nazis I know I used the wrong youre...

I signed back up with time warner cable yesterday. They have a "leave satellite to come back to cable" deal which I took advantage of. With it I got the standard cable channels, digital value tier, hd tier, hbo, showtime, cinemax, and starz.

Price is locked in at 69.99 for one year. That includes the hd dvr rental fee as well as the activation fee. I only have 12 hd channels now, but it's a start. I do enjoy the dvr, as well as the video on demand channels and hd ppv movies. (they also give you $100 worth of ppv buy one get one free coupons, and the hd movies are the same price as the stardard).

Not a bad deal, but not voom.

I started looking at options, go back to E or try D, I called E to see if any of the offers they had made me earlier to stay were still good, of course no was the answer. The CSR told me when I canceled she would make a note that if I came back no $25 reconnect fee yea right. I called this week and the CSR told me you still have a $29 credit we will take the $25 out of that I told her forget it and send a box so I can send back the 811 I still have, three months ago when I canceled they indicated they would send a box to return the equipment, I had to remind them and also I wanted my credit refunded. Do not trust what their CSRs tell you. I called Satellite Solutions Direct TV dealer and they have a VOOM Special for HD, $50 off the HD receiver $250. Still have not decided but I still have my 4DTV that I have a package with NPS. Will miss VOOM

I checked my local cable which is Time/Warner and compared it to DirecTV. This is what I discovered. Satellite and cable TV can offer 19 HD channels according to what is available as follows: (These are the actual channels most services COULD offer)

HD MOVIE CHANNELS (6) (Add East & West Sats. like VOOM and total is 10)
HBO
Showtime
The Movie Channel
Starz
Cinemax
HDNET

NETWORK HD CHANNELS (5)
CBS
ABC
NBC
FOX
PBS

OTHER HD CHANNELS (8)

ESPN
UNIVERSAL (UHD)
DISCOVERY
TNT
HDNET
WEALTH
INHD1
INHD2

DirecTV Offers the following HD channels. TOTAL =11

CBS
ABC
NBC
FOX
HBO
SHOWTIME
HDNET MOVIES
HDNET
ESPN
UHD
DISCOVERY

My Time/Warner Cable offers the following HD channels. TOTAL = 14

CBS
ABC
NBC
FOX
HBO
SHOWTIME
HDNET MOVIES
HDNET
ESPN
DISCOVERY
PBS
TNT
INHD1
INHD2

In about 10 years someone will have as many channels as VOOM.......maybe! Tucker & Delorean built better cars than Detroit but where are they? Betamax was superior to VHS. At least Steve Jobs has kept Apple alive and available. Good luck to all in your HDTV quest.

Adelphia cable:

Gold Pack (all analog + digital basic + digital basic plus + 2 premium packs)
$49.95 for 12 months, $74.95 after that.
HD-DVR Combo $7.95
DVR Service $5.00
HD Plus $4.95

Total before taxes: $67.85

$29.95 installation (up to 4 existing outlets)
$19.95 for each new outlet installed

18 HD channels:

703 WKYC HD
704 WOIO HD
705 WEWS HD
708 WJW HD
710 WVIZ HD
750 HD HBO (with HBO pack only)
751 HD SHOWTIME (with ShowTime pack only)
752 HD STARZ (with Starz pack only)
753 HD CINEMAX (with Cinemax pack only)
770 HDNet
771 HDNet MOVIES
772 ESPN HD
773 ESPN2 HD
774 INHD1
775 INHD2
776 Discovery HD
778 NFL HD
799 HD PPV Events

I'm a bit worried about the offer I got. I finally got adelphia to offer me $81.15/mo for everything. All channels, plus an HD-DVR. They told me the HD-DVR was 12.95 and that all the HD channels were included. Looking at the offer Ilya got though, I'm worried that it won't include the HD Plus channels. I asked more than once though if it included ALL the HD channels and they assured me it did. I don't know what I'll do if come install day I'm missing the HD Plus channels, but for some reason I have a sinking feeling that's exactly what's going to happen. I have a bad feeling about this though.

You guys that aren't getting anything from Dish need to ask for the customer retention dept..!!! I was one who put my Dish sub on pause and went to Voom earlier this year and with recent events I was exploring my options when I called Dish. I asked for the customer retention dept and got an 811HD and a 510PVR on lease. I rec'd a 301 which I own and they hooked up my old 3900 for Zero $$$. I got the HD pack for 1/2 off for 12 months which is still more than what is worth. I have a 1 yr commitment for no upfront costs. I figured with this deal when they do go to Mpeg4 I will not own a bunch of useless junk that can't be upgraded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)