OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

I am also staying with Dish until a better alternative appears. However, I am with Dish on holding down the increases demanded for the various programming packages. I do not see prices increasing for the other things that I buy and do not see that most programmers deserve large increases. Ultimately, we the subscribers pay for programming packages so I support Dish, Directv, the cable companines, Verizon Fios, and AT&T UVerse in resisting increases. It appears that we will likely have periodic outages of programming packages regardless of who we are with. I will continue to stay with Dish as long as they provide the best value. I am not happy with the large fee increase from Dish this year (I have 2 722s and 1 622), but their DVRs still are quite a bit better (in my opinion) than those from my alternatives - Directv, Comcast, and UVerse. If one of my alternatives comes out with something more attractive, I can and will switch as I am not under contract.

I am staying with Dish. My only option, Directtv, does not carry our locals. I am so upset with FOX that I have locked out all their stations. Even when the dispute is over I believe I will leave it that way. I have sent e-mails to sponsors telling them to get discounts from FOX due to viewer loss. I have also sent e-mails to the BIG 12 and my local pro teams telling them they have lost viewership and should seek another network when their contract is up.

Staying. I'm very happy with Dish. Over the time I've been with them they have always handled any problems quickly and professionally. For instance, we had a LNB fail (129) and I called at around midnight to Dish Tech Support. I had a Dish tech at my house at 8:45am that morning and the $15 fee was waived. In fact, I've had Dish out to my house 3 times (one was a move) and they have always waived the fee without me asking.
I love the equipment as well and apparently I'm one of the few that has a very stable 922 (knock on wood). I also have a 722k and 2 EHDs (so far).
I had Comcrap before Dish and it was awful.
If I ever did switch it would be to DirecTV because I'm sure I would be happy with them as well (with an HR24 though), and I would PM DodgerKing with any questions about service, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Around 15 years and not going anywhere. I have always backed Charlie on these fights. My only complaint is that I feel the DVR fees have become too high.

But in all these years I rarely have lost my signal, I am VERY happy with my receivers, plans are not bad. After helping my daughter pick between Comcast (horror horror horror) and Uverse (Not as bad to work with as Comcast) I have come to appreciate Dish even more.

Staying.

1. Never watched anything on FX.
2. Stopped watching NG when commercials added.
3. Can get my DC Fox 5 local OTA 85% SS. Can also get Balt Fox 45 with 100% SS. Better LOS to Balt.
4. Kid in college . Don't need Disney anymore. Or Nick for that matter.
5. Only thing I watch on ESPN is Sports Reporters on Sun. mornings.
6. Too many archived movies to abandon now.
7. Have had D*. They were fine. Prefer E*.

Been with Directv since '96 & Dish since '01, the bulk of my programming is with Dish & will remain... haven't watched FX since the dispute (although I could) all I watch on Fox is the NFL & NASCAR, my team is the Cowboys and they have sucked this year so I could do without or lose my "Grandfathered" SD distants with Directv and get the locals...

I'm dumping Dish as soon as the price hits $22. Then I'll buy back in if it drops back down to $17. Of course if they announce another 10% dividend again this year, I might just hold. :)

Meanwhile, I'll keep subscribing to Dish. Only complaint today is the volume of those DD2.0 commercials. Nothing compelling with D* or Comcast to switch.

Have 3 months left on contract, so I'm forced to stay. Dropped down to 1 211k with Top 120 was given free platinum and Sportspack for 3 months.

DirecTv is getting installed Friday.

I'm staying. Still have a little over a year left on my contract. I have looked over DirecTV, Time Warner, and AT&T Uverse, but it has not convinced me to switch over.

Can't get DirecTV due to line of sight issues. Besides, I love watching NFL Redzone on Dish, but I would have to pay over $300 for Sunday Ticket, to just get the Redzone channel. Big negative on my end.

I use to have Time Warner Cable before switching to Dish. There were two reasons why I switched over. Dish had more HD and Dish's DVR beats TWC's DVR hands down. Now, TWC offers about the same HD channels as Dish, but they still have that crappy DVR and Navigator software. TWC does not have NFL Network or NFL Redzone. Another big negative.

AT&T Uverse is brand new in my area and it is nice that they offer $300 if you bundle all of there services (TV, Internet, and Phone). I have heard reviews from my area that the PQ is not as good on Uverse compared to satellite and TWC. AT&T internet speeds are higher than TWC's Roadrunner. That is a plus, but the PQ could be an issue. Also AT&T has dropped Hallmark, and might drop Food Network, Cooking Channel, HGTV and DIY by the end of this month. Big negative from my wife's part due to Hallmark, Food Network, and Cooking Channel and big negative on my part for HGTV and DIY.

Dish's Google TV has my interest as well and I just activated a EHD with Dish about a month ago.

I have dish as well as Uverse. I have had Uverse for 2 years. While improving all the time, Its still not up to dish networks level yet.
My intent was to replace dish with Uverse...but that has not happened.

I will be removing Uverse tv from my home this week. Streams still an issue.
Picture is as good if not better than dish.Not sure why but my dish picture seems a tad washed out compared to direc?
Dvrs (cisco) not in same league as vip series.

Stay with dish its just a better all around service!

I will be keeping Uverse phone and internet...Its very good!

Well for now I'm sticking with DISH, I'm under contract until June.

I have the Dish America Silver package and the sports pack. So I didn't even get Nat GEO or FX to begin with. I'm stuck with RSN's that cover teams I don't care a lick about. Even though here in central NM there are about as many Dallas area sports fans as Denver, we're stuck with Altitude and FSN Colorado.

My main gripe, aside from not getting all HD channles on the HD package is DISH's very lackluster HD picture quality, and appallingly bad SD quality. I would watch more TV on DISH if it was better, instead I rely on BD's and DVD's from Netflix. I hardly watch anything on TV at all on Dish actually except for the NFL RZ, ESPN, a bit of news, the Disc Chan, and the Colbert Report. Actually the picture quality angers me every time I watch it!

So come June I have several choices:

1) Stick with Dish and just suffer through it. I'll feel ripped off because I only watch 1% of what I pay for.
2) Go with DirecTV. From what I hear their picture quality is much better than Dish's, but I've never seen it. Probably 20-30 more a month. And unless I'm mistaken theres no NFL RZ chan without getting the expensive Sunday Ticket package.
3) Go back to Comcast, which I cancelled several years ago. Rumor is they're finally rolling out "Xfinity" here soon. The picture quality is much much better than Dish's now, I'm not sure what it will be like after their upgrade. I have friends and family on Comcast so I can easily compare. Problem is once I get DVR service it will easily be over $100 month.
4) Go back to just OTA like before I subbed to Dish. I still pull in locals over the air. I'll miss a few things, especially NFL-RZ. Save a bit of cash.

Well for now I'm sticking with DISH, I'm under contract until June.

I have the Dish America Silver package and the sports pack. So I didn't even get Nat GEO or FX to begin with. I'm stuck with RSN's that cover teams I don't care a lick about. Even though here in central NM there are about as many Dallas area sports fans as Denver, we're stuck with Altitude and FSN Colorado.

My main gripe, aside from not getting all HD channles on the HD package is DISH's very lackluster HD picture quality, and appallingly bad SD quality. I would watch more TV on DISH if it was better, instead I rely on BD's and DVD's from Netflix. I hardly watch anything on TV at all on Dish actually except for the NFL RZ, ESPN, a bit of news, the Disc Chan, and the Colbert Report. Actually the picture quality angers me every time I watch it!

So come June I have several choices:

1) Stick with Dish and just suffer through it. I'll feel ripped off because I only watch 1% of what I pay for.
2) Go with DirecTV. From what I hear their picture quality is much better than Dish's, but I've never seen it. Probably 20-30 more a month. And unless I'm mistaken theres no NFL RZ chan without getting the expensive Sunday Ticket package.
3) Go back to Comcast, which I cancelled several years ago. Rumor is they're finally rolling out "Xfinity" here soon. The picture quality is much much better than Dish's now, I'm not sure what it will be like after their upgrade. I have friends and family on Comcast so I can easily compare. Problem is once I get DVR service it will easily be over $100 month.
4) Go back to just OTA like before I subbed to Dish. I still pull in locals over the air. I'll miss a few things, especially NFL-RZ. Save a bit of cash.

I have them side by side at my house. Direct HD Quality is not 'way' better than Dish. It is slightly better. Some channels (like HBD-HD) look better to me on Dish. SD looks like crap on both.

I'm staying but only because I just upgraded to HD and would lose $350 ($240 equipment upgrade & $99 HD for Life) I just spent 4 weeks ago.

FX, NatGeo are non-issues -- it's the loss of MSG and Sabres games that would prompt me to seriously consider leaving if I wasn't already recently committed.

:upI too am staying with Dish. Had it since 1/10 and have 722k with 1tb ehd. I rarely watch natgeo, there is only one series I watch on fx (terriers), or I did watch it, and our local Fox is not an O&O station plus I do not watch the rsn's so I am not crying about the missed channels. Shoot, I haven't even missed the Disney HD feeds. Go get'em Charlie!!!!!

I'm staying. I didn't even realize I lost the Disney HD's until now. Actually I am kind of glad my kids aren't recording their "crap" in HD now an filling up my DVR. I could also care less about the RSN's even though I have the sports pack. The only thing there of any value to me is the Red Zone channel.

I know my dad is staying for now. He doesnt watch the 2 regular channels and FSN for him is kinda useless now. He watches the Twins...plus he hates change ;)

Now if they pull Fox 9 on 11/1 he may have an issue.