OFFICAL: I am STAYING with DISH Network thread

I want your opinion. I have heard a lot of people say that E* and D* are better for different people with different interests - one serves one crowd better and the other serves another crowd better. Among the comments are that DirecTV is the provider who best specializes in sports coverage. I am a HUGE sports fan. College Football, College Hockey, and NHL Hockey are my main interests. Can't get enough of them. And some European soccer. Yet I'm missing ESPNU HD, The Mtn., NESN HD (Beanpot Tournament!), Gol TV, extre UEFA CL games only on D*, and now a whole ton of RSNs. I am not under contract right now and I am very upset about the fox dispute. I literally count how many CFB games I am missing every precious week of the short season because of Fox. I was already frustrated that we didn't get the U in HD or The Mtn. - my hometown team is a MWC team. My question is this: Am I signed with the wrong company? Is DirecTV just a better "fit" for my needs? They seem to add any new sports channel much quicker than Dish. I don't care about NFL Sunday Ticket because I've got RedZone. But am I suffering needlessly because I happened to sign up with a company that specializes in other areas than sports? I originally chose Dish because of price, but I checked and my bill would be about the same with D* and I'd get several more channels that I lust for. The only downside seems to be that their equipment isn't nearly as good as my 922/722 setup. I LOVE my Dish Network equipment. But is it worth it to stay? Anybody have any advice for me?

I want your opinion. I have heard a lot of people say that E* and D* are better for different people with different interests - one serves one crowd better and the other serves another crowd better. Among the comments are that DirecTV is the provider who best specializes in sports coverage. I am a HUGE sports fan. College Football, College Hockey, and NHL Hockey are my main interests. Can't get enough of them. And some European soccer. Yet I'm missing ESPNU HD, The Mtn., NESN HD (Beanpot Tournament!), Gol TV, extre UEFA CL games only on D*, and now a whole ton of RSNs. I am not under contract right now and I am very upset about the fox dispute. I literally count how many CFB games I am missing every precious week of the short season because of Fox. I was already frustrated that we didn't get the U in HD or The Mtn. - my hometown team is a MWC team. My question is this: Am I signed with the wrong company? Is DirecTV just a better "fit" for my needs? They seem to add any new sports channel much quicker than Dish. I don't care about NFL Sunday Ticket because I've got RedZone. But am I suffering needlessly because I happened to sign up with a company that specializes in other areas than sports? I originally chose Dish because of price, but I checked and my bill would be about the same with D* and I'd get several more channels that I lust for. The only downside seems to be that their equipment isn't nearly as good as my 922/722 setup. I LOVE my Dish Network equipment. But is it worth it to stay? Anybody have any advice for me?

I think I'd switch in your situation. Just be aware that in order to get NFL RZ on DirecTV you have to signup for NFL Sunday Ticket ($350/year) I think. Which is a major reason I'm staying with Dish, for now. My hometown school is in the MWC too... but I really have no desire to watch their football team at the moment :eek:

I think I'd switch in your situation. Just be aware that in order to get NFL RZ on DirecTV you have to signup for NFL Sunday Ticket ($350/year) I think. Which is a major reason I'm staying with Dish, for now. My hometown school is in the MWC too... but I really have no desire to watch their football team at the moment :eek:

Are you serious? No RedZone unless you spend $320 on their NFL Sunday Ticket package? I guess they know that giving RedZone to people in any other package would take away from Sunday Ticket subs. That is a major bummer. Then again, I'm not that big of an NFL fan compared to the other sports I mentioned. Thanks for that info. I looked on their web site and couldn't find anything suggest otherwise. Dish is practically giving away RedZone.

Are you serious? No RedZone unless you spend $320 on their NFL Sunday Ticket package? I guess they know that giving RedZone to people in any other package would take away from Sunday Ticket subs. That is a major bummer. Then again, I'm not that big of an NFL fan compared to the other sports I mentioned. Thanks for that info. I looked on their web site and couldn't find anything suggest otherwise. Dish is practically giving away RedZone.

Redzone is one of the big reasons I'm sticking with Dish.

He is correct! :rant:

So I'm staying put. I own my own equipment and no contracts. :)

Last edited:
I will be staying with DishNetwork also.

Still have my HD Absolute and every once in a while I get a new HD channel so it alleviates some of the pain of losing NatGeo, which was one of my favorite channels.

Fox can go :censored: themselves as far as I'm concerned. :neener

I'm sticking around. Even though my bill is outrageous there is no other provider to provide my HD needs.

+1

I'm a long time D* sub who just switched to Dish a few weeks ago. Even with the loss of Fox, no other provider in my area even comes close to Dish as far as HD nationals go. Even if Dish lost 30 more channels, they'd still be ahead of D*.

DirecTV's Redzone is a different channel than that on other providers. Their Redzone is a DirecTV only channel AND it is part of the ST package. It has always been this way even before other providers started carrying NFLs Redzone channel

staying until college basketball in nov. if not fixed by then, i will be FORCED to go to direct. i have paid for sports package for years and resent losing fox sw when tx rangers make play offs for first time in 11 yrs. i know games are on tbs, but feel i deserve acess to local coverage of team, especially since i am __still paying for it . dish needs to find a way to fix this soon.......

Last edited:
10 years with Dish and loving it. And since News Corps fee increases are so outrageous, I suspect every provider is going to fight them.

11th year with Dish now. I'm behind Charley all the way on this one, Fox's demands are outrageous. If all the content providers went up the same, we'd be looking at $300/month TV bills.

Stare 'em down Dish!

I have been with DISH for 8 years, once when I have had a problem they had a tech out the next morning. They have never charged me a dime, even after my 722 and 211 got ZAPPED by lightning, and I DO NOT have their additional coverage for repairs. I can watch SOA online the next day without commericals, so I'm staying with them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts