Officially LOST

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, i wish to thank everyone for your help. Ill post some pictures of my setup tomorrow. This went much more smoothly than my one meter dish. I have scanned the entire arc between 72 and 125 and it appears the only thing I am not pulling in is FreeSpeechTV at 123. All the other ones i couldn't get before are now working. I never got 125w, I never got Florida or the LPBS channels or Cozi. These are now all coming in without any pixels.

Reactions: jmc98
Okay.. Ha... I have a little problem.. The left channel is showing the right audio.. The right channel, or right speaker just keeps repeating the word "Spanish" :eek Any thoughts on how i fix this? Okay, its fixed if i switch to audio track 11. How do i default to this on my Amiko HD SE?????
Occasionally you may find channels with different audio on left and right like that. If you can't find an audio track with good audio on both left and right you can just select either the left or right channel with correct audio. It won't be stereo but at least you'll be able to watch (and listen) to the channel.:) Your receiver should remember the settings you choose for audio unless you do a rescan (Rescan also resets the names of any channels you may have renamed to make them easier to remember:().

Pictures!

P1020572.JPG P1020573.JPG

Nice pics! Thumbs up!
thumbsup.gif
Off the ground but still accessible for adjustment and snow/ice removal. Hope you had some help mounting that up there?

Nice pics! Thumbs up!View attachment 100704 Off the ground but still accessible for adjustment and snow/ice removal. Hope you had some help mounting that up there?

Thank you.. Yes, with it being off the deck, it is very easy to access it. And being where it is, it really doesn't stare you in the face from anywhere. I will be tucking all the wires down in the next day or two. So proud!

Unable tell by looking at the photo... not sure if the dish will contact the railing when aimed towards the eastern or western ends of the arc. Did you know that the J-pipe (mast) could be flipped end for end so the pole reaches outwards away from the wall rather than the current install setting for height? :D

Sorry to rain on your parade. Have to agree with Titanium a dish that size should be further out away from the deck railing.
Having the braces attached to the deck may not be secure in the long term. But I have to agree it is easy to adjust from behind. Just don't fall off the deck.

Unable tell by looking at the photo... not sure if the dish will contact the railing when aimed towards the eastern or western ends of the arc. Did you know that the J-pipe (mast) could be flipped end for end so the pole reaches outwards away from the wall rather than the current install setting for height? :D

Nope. It's "ALL GOOD". I can go between 72 and 125 with many inches to spare.

Sorry to rain on your parade. Have to agree with Titanium a dish that size should be further out away from the deck railing.
Having the braces attached to the deck may not be secure in the long term. But I have to agree it is easy to adjust from behind. Just don't fall off the deck.

I can adjust it through the railings. No worries of falling. It is very secure, plus, i added the additional anchor brace via a butterfly tie and chain. The main brace is connected on a 2x10 board.

Okay good to know. Have you tried 30W. That about the only sat below 72W on KU. Lots of movies every night, in English.

Okay good to know. Have you tried 30W. That about the only sat below 72W on KU. Lots of movies every night, in English.

30w is not possible with my setup.. That would hit the house. But, the channels didn't really interest me, and I'm not a big movie watcher. I like more news/documentaries/sitcoms.

What size KU dish do you need to pull 30w reliably? I am thinking I am going to re-setup my old dish as a secondary system.

I'm doing quite well with a 25" dish with PLL LNB fixed at 30W. No margin for rain fade. Also do well with 33" on my motor setup. You have to check its footprint it may not go that far north.

Status
Please reply by conversation.