Offset angle of Terk 18" dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone please tell me the offset angle of the Terk 18" Direct TV (Model TRK S2) dish? Thanks everybody! This place is INVALUABLE!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

If I understand you correctly, NO ! The angle for your dish elevation, given by Sadoun's calculator, for example, does not actually aim at the satellite, but about 22 degrees below the satellite, because of the nature of the offset dish technology. There's a current thread around here, that explains the phenomenen quite nicely. Many dishes that appear do be pointed right into a tree get perfectly adequate signals . The 22 degree offset is the reason.

:)

C_Band dishes are Prime Focus so they aim at the legit angle. So my 38 degree elevation for True south is 38 degrees. The LNB is at 38 degrees

Most KU Band dishes are offset, which has the 22k bounce off the dish. If Sadoun's site says 38 degrees, you still aim it at 38. If you need to see if a signal will clear an obstacle, add the 22 to the dish and see what it looks like. I just did that when aiming a new dish. I wanted to get it as close to the wall that separates my house and the neighbors (townhouse) as I could but still shoot over it. Put the elevation at 54 and was able to eyeball it :)
(then put dish to 32 and aimed)

most are 22 degrees. But you aim the dish as you are told to (whatever the elevation says to aim at). The 22 degree offset is irrelevant for aiming

B/ Yes the angles given are the correct angles of elevation to the satellite, its the elevation that the signal is coming down from the satellite at!

Status
Please reply by conversation.