Ohio State vs Michigan

Paul Wozniak said:
You can also kiss Ginn goodbye, no way he's coming back. On the other hand we will be just reloading a few starters.
Probably sooooo.
I hope not, maybe Dad can talk him into coming back.

btw, If Ginn goes, maybe we can keep Gonzalas, he's the one I love to watch ...
They have alot of capable WR's

Jimbo

With Michigan, OSU, and Notre Dame, and not to mention the other football powers raiding the midwest for talent, how do we (M & OSU) keep managing to reload our talent?

Paul Wozniak said:
With Michigan, OSU, and Notre Dame, and not to mention the other football powers raiding the midwest for talent, how do we (M & OSU) keep managing to reload our talent?
People want to play were they know they have a chance to win every year

Proc said:
Jimbos...could our dream matchup of #1 OSU and #2 UM really happen??? How cool would that be?
Gee, they use to both go undefeated on a regular basis until they met ....

But yes it would be cool :up

Jimbo

With no pro team in my area, Michigan is the only team I have to watch. The matchup with OSU, is one of the highlights of my year. A matchup of two undeafeted teams would be a dream come true. When was the last time this happened? Maybe JImbos could enlighten me. (To lazy to look it up myself.)

Paul Wozniak said:
With no pro team in my area, Michigan is the only team I have to watch. The matchup with OSU, is one of the highlights of my year. A matchup of two undeafeted teams would be a dream come true. When was the last time this happened? Maybe JImbos could enlighten me. (To lazy to look it up myself.)
No pro team in your area ??? Where did you say you lived ??
If you live in the Detroit area, you are allowed 1 mulligan for a pro team !!! Thats how I decided to be a Steelers fan back in the very early '70's, I had to suffer thru week in and week out of watching the Lions with my Grandfather every Sunday for the longest time .......

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak said:
I looked back to 1990, I thought it was going to be '97, the last year Michigan was undefeated going into the OSU week, it was going to happen till Penn State beat the Buckeyes the week before the game against the "Team up North "

So it is somewhere in the 70's -80's , very possibly back as far as BO and Woody :hatsoff:

While looking thru the UM results for the last 15 years I was shocked to see how many years mighigan lost more than 1 game coming into the Buckeye game.

Jimbo

I actually live in Hamtramck, an area I call the DMZ because we are totally encompassed by Detroit. I refuse to call ateam that won it's last championship in
1957 ( two days after I was born), and only 1 playoff game since, "professional." Apparently we have another thing in common, I also adopted the Steelers in the 70's as my team.

Jimbos said:
I looked back to 1990, I thought it was going to be '97, the last year Michigan was undefeated going into the OSU week, it was going to happen till Penn State beat the Buckeyes the week before the game against the "Team up North "

So it is somewhere in the 70's -80's , very possibly back as far as BO and Woody :hatsoff:
'97, '92, '74, '73, '72

Jimbos said:
Nope,
One team or the other lost befiore the Big Game in each of these years, 92 and 97...
Like I said I haven't gone back any farther yet.

Jimbo
Sorry, but I thought you were just taking about Michigan. In that case it looks like it was '73 when both teams came into the game undefeated. The teams tied that year and the Big Ten awarded the Rose Bowl bid to Ohio State.

http://football.stassen.com/

An interesting stat: Last year Michigan finished a dismal 7-5. The last time Ohio State went 7-5 (2001), they followed it up with an undefeated season in 2002.

riffjim4069 said:
Sorry, but I thought you were just taking about Michigan. In that case it looks like it was '73 when both teams came into the game undefeated. The teams tied that year and the Big Ten awarded the Rose Bowl bid to Ohio State.

http://football.stassen.com/

An interesting stat: Last year Michigan finished a dismal 7-5. The last time Ohio State went 7-5 (2001), they followed it up with an undefeated season in 2002.
Yes , we were looking for any years that both teams went into the BIG game undefeated....

Thank you, you found it for us :hatsoff:
I see it's been quite awhile

Jimbo

Interesting thing about 1973 was that the conference voted on who to send to the Rose Bowl, and MSU voted for OSU! Needless to say, this did not sit well with us (U of M). In other news, Super Mario underwent knee surgery. Although M officials were optimistic about the results, it appears he will be out 2-5 weeks. Having been the receipient of 6 knee surgeries personally, I sure hope they go slow with this very talented young man, and let him sit this year out. A huge loss for us, but they need to do whats best for Mario.

I remember the '73 game and subsequent Big Ten AD vote very well. The vote would have been different if Franklin, the UofM quarterback didn't break his collar bone in the game. Of course, missing two fourth quarter field goals (not exactly gimmies) would have made a vote unnecessary.

I hope they keep Manningham on the sidelines the next few weeks. The team looks well-balanced and should do just fine with Breaston and Arrington. Plus, I expect to see a lot more dump passes to the TEs, and screens out to Hart in coming weeks.

Last edited:
Paul Wozniak said:
Interesting thing about 1973 was that the conference voted on who to send to the Rose Bowl, and MSU voted for OSU! Needless to say, this did not sit well with us (U of M). In other news, Super Mario underwent knee surgery. Although M officials were optimistic about the results, it appears he will be out 2-5 weeks. Having been the receipient of 6 knee surgeries personally, I sure hope they go slow with this very talented young man, and let him sit this year out. A huge loss for us, but they need to do whats best for Mario.
Hell, The news is stating that he'll probably be back after missing only 2 games.
Of course they are in alot better shape than I am, but, I streched ligaments around the miniscus and had some trouble with my patella tendon, and I was off work for 2 months and went back probably a week early...

I know how much pain I was in, I don't ever wish knee problems on anyone...

Jimbo

Paul Wozniak said:
I also remember awile back when the last team that went to the ROSE bowl could not go again if they were tied with another team ..... The Bucks were screwed out of a Rose appearance not to long ago.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Jimbo, I asked Sean about my senior member status, but he hasn't had time to reply yet. Maybe somebody here can answer this. What makes me a "Senior Member"? Please try to refrain from the old age cracks, unless they're really funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)