Ohio State vs Michigan

riffjim4069 said:
Wow! It looks like MSU has packed it in for the remainder of the football season. Sure...OSU has the better team, but the Spartans should at least be able to compete. They are getting steam-rolled. Heck, my local ABC switched to Missouri vs. Texas A&M almost 30 minutes ago. The MSU program is in turmoil. I predict that coach John L. Williams will be fired by Monday morning after yet another pathetic showing.
I predict John L will be fired AFTER the season is over ....

The University of Spoiled Children squeaked past a not so good ASU team at home. OSU is #1 and Michigan should be #2, no question in my mind.

As for John L. Smith's fate, I say keep him. Patsies are hard to come by. Hated to see OSU's previous coach go for the same reason. OK, just kidding. Seriously, this clown's got to go.

I'm glad Michigan is doing well again,
Maybe we can see the M administration give Lloyd a contract extention of maybe like 3 more years, ala the ones John Cooper use to get, win or lose ......

Jimbo

Funny how a year changes things. Last year a lot of people wanted to ride Lloyd Carr out of town, now he's this year's genius. Personally I've always loved the guy. His players stay out of trouble, most graduate, and he's a winner and great leader. He's had a great run. GO BLUE!

Here is Univ of Spoiled Children schedule for the first 3 weeks of NOV.

Sat 11/11/06 Oregon (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum FSN 7:15 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel
Sat 11/18/06 California L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel
Sat 11/25/06 Notre Dame L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel

They may have all 3 at home but they won't win all three.

Forgot Stanford is away on NOV 4th but that shouldn't pose a challenge.

Last edited:
Here is Univ of Spoiled Children schedule for the first 3 weeks of NOV.

Sat 11/11/06 Oregon (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum FSN 7:15 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel
Sat 11/18/06 California L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel
Sat 11/25/06 Notre Dame L.A. Coliseum ABC 5:00 PM
Gametracker |
Sirius Channel

They may have all 3 at home but they won't win all three.

Forgot Stanford is away on NOV 4th but that shouldn't pose a challenge.
I agree...I see USC losing at least one, if not two.

IF Michigan takes care of thier end of things , I see Michigan moving up to # 2 and would not be suprised to see Flordia work it's way back into contention either.

btw, they could at least post the teams record somewhere in thier rankings.(BCS)

Jimbo

Still on track for the big game on November 18...Michigan and Ohio State! Michigan has to get by Iowa this week. After that, the schedule is pretty easy. Jimbos we could get our big matchup...how cool would that be?

Normally, I would be looking for a let down loss somewhere in the next 3 games, given M's history, but this team leads with it's defense, and that's the big difference this year. This team is much like the 1997 team. GO BLUE!

The things that impress me most about this years Defense are their mental and physical toughness: there are no missed open field tackles, players are always in position, they are smartly aggressive, and when you get hit you go down.

The team is solid on both sides of the ball...however, I must admit that Manningham gives us a deep threat like few others; he opens up the entire field. The guy is a stud and I'm convinced his presence (a healthy one) gives Michigan a 10-14 point advantage over most teams. I'm sure the coaching staff will keep him out until he is 100% healthy.

The things that impress me most about this years Defense are their mental and physical toughness: there are no missed open field tackles, players are always in position, they are smartly aggressive, and when you get hit you go down.

The team is solid on both sides of the ball...however, I must admit that Manningham gives us a deep threat like few others; he opens up the entire field. The guy is a stud and I'm convinced his presence (a healthy one) gives Michigan a 10-14 point advantage over most teams. I'm sure the coaching staff will keep him out until he is 100% healthy.

Q. Who have they played in thier own class besides ND ?
I would hope they aren't making dumb mistakes against teams they should handle fairly easily. They are suppose to be smart and agressive ....

10-14 points ??? Your gonna give OSU 10-14 points ?
I'll take it , but won't need it ....
I sure hope Manningham is back in time for the BIG game .....

Jimbo

Q. Who have they played in thier own class besides ND ?
I would hope they aren't making dumb mistakes against teams they should handle fairly easily. They are suppose to be smart and agressive ....

10-14 points ??? Your gonna give OSU 10-14 points ?
I'll take it , but won't need it ....
I sure hope Manningham is back in time for the BIG game .....

Jimbo
There are good players at all levels of Big Ten play. Plus, whether it's tackling a slashing O.J. Simpson in his prime or taking down O.J. Simpson after slashing his ex-wife, you can clearly see when the defense is well-coached and well-disciplined (i.e. no breaking arm tackles). Hmmm. Perhaps O.J. lost a glove due to a poor arm tackle?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm no Frank Zappa fan but I sure enjoyed seeing him in concert. The music was crisp, clean, and identical to what you hear on the album...he didn't tolerate sloppy nor lazy play from the band. The same can be said about this years UM team. So far they have moved up 13 places in the ranking, whereas OSU has been stagnant in the polls.;)

I'm certainly not giving you 10-14 points. As far as Manningham...he most certainly is worth 10-14 points against most teams, but this years OSU team certainly isn't most teams. The key to Michigan winning this year is Manningham. If he is healthy and plays, then UM wins...if not, well, then it looks like we'll see the coming of the anti-christ.:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)