Ohio State vs Michigan

There are good players at all levels of Big Ten play. Plus, whether it's tackling a slashing O.J. Simpson in his prime or taking down O.J. Simpson after slashing his ex-wife, you can clearly see when the defense is well-coached and well-disciplined (i.e. no breaking arm tackles). Hmmm. Perhaps O.J. lost a glove due to a poor arm tackle?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm no Frank Zappa fan but I sure enjoyed seeing him in concert. The music was crisp, clean, and identical to what you hear on the album...he didn't tolerate sloppy nor lazy play from the band. The same can be said about this years UM team. So far they have moved up 13 places in the ranking, whereas OSU has been stagnant in the polls.;)

I'm certainly not giving you 10-14 points. As far as Manningham...he most certainly is worth 10-14 points against most teams, but this years OSU team certainly isn't most teams. The key to Michigan winning this year is Manningham. If he is healthy and plays, then UM wins...if not, well, then it looks like we'll see the coming of the anti-christ.:devil:

I cannot believe you got OJ in the equation.

I hope OSU remains stagment in the polls, right at the top ....
That said, I hope they play like it as well. :)

Jimbo

Last edited:
Still on track for the big game on November 18...Michigan and Ohio State! Michigan has to get by Iowa this week. After that, the schedule is pretty easy. Jimbos we could get our big matchup...how cool would that be?

Only problem with this senario, someone including fans all over the place will be complaining how far down the losing team drops.

I think it was last year, maybe a few years back when 2 beat 1 and they just flopped spots or one moved to 3, normally when these two teams play, one usually drops to like 6-9 when it's all done, I hope that doesn't happen this year, perticularly when there is no games left to move back up.

Jimbo

I think it was last year, maybe a few years back when 2 beat 1 and they just flopped spots or one moved to 3, normally when these two teams play, one usually drops to like 6-9 when it's all done, I hope that doesn't happen this year, perticularly when there is no games left to move back up.
Can you image the uproar if UM were to lose in OT...only to have Texas back into the #2 position after already being beaten by 17 points earlier this season ~OR~ if UM were to win in OT only to see OSU fall to #3 behind Texas? I suppose we should play out the remainder of the schedule and see what happens.:eek:

Stat of the Day: Michigan's #1 Rushing Defense has only allowed 228 years on 166 carries this season for a total of 32.6 yards per game.

Frank Zappa and OJ in the same comment--doesn't get any funnier than that. As for BCS, the only thing that can hurt our teams will be strength of schedule, given the crappy quality of the little nine.

Frank Zappa and OJ in the same comment--doesn't get any funnier than that. As for BCS, the only thing that can hurt our teams will be strength of schedule, given the crappy quality of the little nine.

I would not group IOWA and PSU in with the others, they are kinda a half step above them, and a step or two behind OSU and M

Ok. Will call it the big 2, medium 2, and the 7 dwarfs.Face it, the Big 10 has seen better years. At the beginning of the season only 3 teams were considered potential champs, Iowa being the third. It's pretty much played out that way. Iowa will be eliminated this weekend.

Can you image the uproar if UM were to lose in OT...only to have Texas back into the #2 position after already being beaten by 17 points earlier this season ~OR~ if UM were to win in OT only to see OSU fall to #3 behind Texas? I suppose we should play out the remainder of the schedule and see what happens.:eek:
QUOTE]

First one is one thing, the latter wont happen IMO. Remeber, the final coaches poll lists each coaches vote. I have convidence if it came down to a one loss TX and a one loss OSU (that just lost to UM in OT) that the voters would remember Setp 9th.

IMO, a one loss SEC team will probably trump both OSU/mich loser and Texas.

Ok. Will call it the big 2, medium 2, and the 7 dwarfs.Face it, the Big 10 has seen better years. At the beginning of the season only 3 teams were considered potential champs, Iowa being the third. It's pretty much played out that way. Iowa will be eliminated this weekend.

Well thats a good way of putting the conference !!!
You are probably right about Saturdays game, but you never know, a team that was just beat is normally tougher than one crusing along.

Jimbo

Riffjim, I'll do you one better. Michigan held Penn State to a negative 16 yrds. rushing on I believe 25 carries. And no Jimbo, IOWA is not going to be a problem.When you can't score, you can"t win.

Riffjim, I'll do you one better. Michigan held Penn State to a negative 16 yrds. rushing on I believe 25 carries. And no Jimbo, IOWA is not going to be a problem.When you can't score, you can"t win.

Iowa still has Tate at QB and when you have a good QB you never know ...
At least thats what I kept being worried about when we played them... till about halftime :)

Jimbo

Well JImbo, Iowa was a problem- for about 30 minutes. Like I said, you can't win if you can't score. In other news - MSU comes back from 35 down? Biggest comeback in NCAA div. 1 history! And Joedecock has nothing to say?

Well JImbo, Iowa was a problem- for about 30 minutes. Like I said, you can't win if you can't score. In other news - MSU comes back from 35 down? Biggest comeback in NCAA div. 1 history! And Joedecock has nothing to say?

Ya,
I was wrong about that one, once I saw Michigan start pulling away in the 2nd half, 4th quarter really, I knew they had no chance.

Jimbo

Just a long as both teams get by the cupcakes in their shedules, it looks like November 18th is shaping up to be HUGE. We haven't see a game this big since Woody and Bo back in the 70s. Anyway, just a little something to warm the maize and blue cockles of your hearts...

"They were pretty tough. They were without a doubt the best defense we've played all year. How physical they are, their size, their speed -- we haven't seen anything like that."

-- Iowa quarterback Drew Tate

...but he didn't say it after playing OSU.;)

Ya but he got his ass whipped then too, he's just got a bad memory, thats a good thing for a QB.
If I recall correctly, it was 38-17 and Iowa scored thier 7 points inthe second half against the third string defense.

Iowa was not in that game either

Jimbo

The s**t is hitting the fan in all directions in this thread. You gotta love it. I sure hope both teams get to Nov. 18th undefeated. This year's showdown could go down as one of the greatest in history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)