Ohio State vs Michigan

In the event of a OSU victory, here is what I would die to see:

Press conference after the game....

"Coach Lloyd Carr is here to take your questions...you down in front, first question"

"Yes, this is John Cooper with ESPN. Coach.....you've just had an amazing season, ran your record up to 11-0, only to have your national championship hopes taken away from your biggest rival on the final game of the season"

"And your question?" Coach Carr replies

"Yeah, just one" Cooper remarks.

"How does it feel!"

In the event of a OSU victory, here is what I would die to see:

Press conference after the game....

"Coach Lloyd Carr is here to take your questions...you down in front, first question"

"Yes, this is John Cooper with ESPN. Coach.....you've just had an amazing season, ran your record up to 11-0, only to have your national championship hopes taken away from your biggest rival on the final game of the season"

"And your question?" Coach Carr replies

"Yeah, just one" Cooper remarks.

"How does it feel!"

I didn't realize Cooper was with ESPN, I thought he was with someone else, I do remember hearin ghis voice.

Jimbo

Bad news OSU fans, Super Mario returns to practice this week, and may play against Ball State.

Paul,
If anything, this should be Good News for U of M, really has nothing to do with OSU.

If you want Bad News for Uof M, it was mentioned in a press conference today that Troy Smith had not passed one of his classes and that he would be required to come back for another year.
He agreed and will be back next year.

Jimbo

Mich. St. news conference to discuss coach situation

I'm posting this since it has already been discussed in this thead. It looks like John L. is going to get axed...

Full Story at ESPN.com

Michigan State has called a news conference for 1:30 ET Wednesday to discuss its football coaching situation.

The Spartans started the season 3-0 under head coach John L. Smith, but have gone just 1-5 since. That slump started with a 40-37 loss to Notre Dame on Sep. 23 in which Michigan State squandered a 16-point fourth quarter lead.

That was followed by a 23-20 homecoming loss on Sep. 30 to Illinois, a team that had not won a Big Ten game since 2004. Blowout losses to conference powers Michigan and Ohio State came next before a stunning comeback in a 41-38 win at Northwestern on Oct. 21, a game they trailed 38-3 in the third quarter.

Most recently, the Spartans were drubbed 46-21 at Indiana last Saturday. Michigan State took a 7-0 lead before the Hoosiers scored 46 consecutive points.

No further information regarding the news conference was made available, but Smith's job security has been called into constant question since Michigan State's slide began. At least one local newspaper has speculated the news conference will announce Smith's dismissal.

Continued...

On a side note, I just received a resume that was forwarded from our HR Department. It was from an OSU grad (or soon to be), and his resume was an incredible eight pages long. I immediately burst into maniacal laughter. Apparently, OSU students only receive instruction in filling out form type applications typically found at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Burger King, etc.:D

I'm curious, do any of your football players go to class, let alone pass them. Basket weaving 101, grass watering 201, don't count.

Actually Paul,
I was trying to get you going, about having Troy back at QB next year.

Troy graduated last year or early this year not sure witch.

With Manninghan at least both teams will be on equal footing, unless someone else goes down in the next few weeks.

Jimbo

With Manninghan at least both teams will be on equal footing, unless someone else goes down in the next few weeks.

Jimbo

The problem for both teams may be their footing with OSU just laying down new sod for the second time this year.

Astroturf is way different than the new field turf. They have already said that they would like it to bring the High School State Playoffs back to Columbus and the only way that will happen is with field turf.

Ever since they lowered the field beneath the water table there has been nothing but trouble.

Astroturf is way different than the new field turf. They have already said that they would like it to bring the High School State Playoffs back to Columbus and the only way that will happen is with field turf.

Ever since they lowered the field beneath the water table there has been nothing but trouble.

The HS playoffs are at the horseshoe ... at least the finals are.

Michigan was the first to drop down under ground level, wonder why they don't have water trouble there ???
Oh ya, they suk ....

Sorry, couldn't resist.......

Jimbo

The HS playoffs are at the horseshoe ... at least the finals are.

Michigan was the first to drop down under ground level, wonder why they don't have water trouble there ???
Oh ya, they suk ....

Sorry, couldn't resist.......

Jimbo

The HS finals were at the shoe many years ago but they have moved them to Canton Fawcett Stadium and Massillon Paul Brown Stadium.

Michigan went to field turf a few yrs. back after several sod problems. No water problems whenever OSU came to play though, all those OSU players on their back sucked water up just fine.

Did anybody hear today's Colin Cowherd show on ESPN radio? It was great hearing him defend Kirk Herbstreit calling Steve Breaston worthless.

If you are interested in hearing this go to the below link. Go down the page to the Big Show segments. Pick Thursday 5 - 6 pm segment. Fast forward the show to around 8min 20sec. Colin' comments are the best at 11min 40 sec.
http://www.1460thefan.com/tf.php?st...ewfan/on-demand-listening.php&section=demand#

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts