old cnx mini user about 4 to 5 years ago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

apkfla85

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
orlando
new to this site but not to fta remember a little bit. I still have my old cnx mini I have not seen anybody talking about it.if I cant use my mini I would like some input on which new box would be similar to use. I still have my dish up on my roof,just need to know if there is anything new I have to buy other than a new box if my mini has no support for it...just need to be pointed in the right direction..thx in advance.

Wasn't that a popular box for hacking?
That is not allowed on this site!!!

Welcome to the site, Apkfla85!

The Conaxsat CNX Mini is DVB-S only, so yes, you'd need a new receiver. One that can receive DVB-S2, or else you'll not be able to receive a lot of channels.

As Ke4est mentioned in the post above, the CNX Mini was a popular hack box and we don't discuss that stuff, or have any tolerance for it at all here on this site. But, if you're interested in true FTA, then we can help you here. I'll assume that you're talking about a Ku setup here and not C-band, because you said your dish is up on your roof!

Definitely get a new receiver and probably you'd be good to go. For true FTA you need at least a 30'' dish, [76 cm], but a 36'' is recommended, [90 cm]. Under 36'' and some channels will be hard to receive. For an LNB, a linear with a LO of 10750 or a universal with a LO of 10600 will work. If you do have to buy a different LNB, the PLL ones work real well, Titanium Satellite sells the PLL-1KS for $17 and has great reviews, another good PLL is the Avenger PLL322-S2 or PLL321-S2. [322 is two port, 321 is one.] :)

I bought a new cnx mini cheap on ebay when they "went out of fashion"

and used it for true FTA, until I bought an Openbox S10. The CNX Mini is a nice SD FTA receiver with PVR to USB drive feature. It was much less trouble than the OpenBox. I would still be using it, if it was HD capable. Now I'm using a GeosatPro MicroHD.

You really need an HD receiver to make FTA worthwhile for English language programs in North America.

Better yet, If you have high-speed Internet, get a Roku. I ordered one the day DSL became available here. Best entertainment value for $50 spent ever, for us.

Wanted just to clarify something, Apafla85. We can discuss your CNX mini here if you're using it for true FTA and no hacking. Hack talk is not allowed, but just because a certain receiver can be used for hacking doesn't mean no talk at all is allowed on the subject of that receiver. Just no hack talk.

Wanted just to clarify something, Apafla85. We can discuss your CNX mini here if you're using it for true FTA and no hacking. Hack talk is not allowed, but just because a certain receiver can be used for hacking doesn't mean no talk at all is allowed on the subject of that receiver. Just no hack talk.

Good Point to make A Raine. I notice that on an iffy post if you mention no hacking the OP disappears, if guilty. I have noted this OP coming in a couple of times though since the first post sooo.... To Apafla85, if you are wanting to use that box for true FTA please come on in, I hope I didn't scare you at first. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts