Old Fart Moment???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I loved that show also!If i recall correctly it was on very late sat night and i had to sneak up late to watch it.

Stan,

Did you get that show outside of Nebraska? For us, Creature Feature was a local show out of Omaha, NE with the host being Dr. San Guinary (John Jones - a local Omaha celebrity). It may have been a national feed from CBS (or NBC/ABC) - cannot recall which channel was which. They may have aired national feeds with local hosts. It was aired on Saturday nights here too.

I loved it! Great memories!

RADAR

Last edited:
Im not sure there were others that i enjoyed watching! I beleave the creature features i used to watch was on very late sat night around midnight est on a ABC station and my parents didnt like me watching tv that late so i would sneak in the living room late while they slept and put the volume on low.

Im not sure there were others that i enjoyed watching! I beleave the creature features i used to watch was on very late sat night around midnight est on a ABC station and my parents didnt like me watching tv that late so i would sneak in the living room late while they slept and put the volume on low.

Ha Ha! I would sneak down the stairs "on tip-toes" and peak around the corner until they caught me! And sent me back up to bed. Best scare I ever had was from an episode of Creature Feature that I didn't get to watch. I was too young to stay up that late (according to Mom and Dad) and got sent back to bed with a very lousy attitude. I was cross and crying and laid in my bed contemplating how I was going to stay up all night just to spite them. In the middle of the night, after Creature Feature was over, I was still awake HA!\

My sister felt sorry for me. She slept in the room next door and to avoid waking me, she didn't turn the lights on as she "crept" up the stairs. She was already dressed in her nightgown, which was a light, frilly, lemon yellow frock that was nearly akin to a butterfly's wings or an angels gown (very light and breezy).

My south windows were open and the moonlight was spilling in along with a soft waft of a southern breeze. She stepped into my open doorway and her nightgown billowed almost like smoke and the moonlight made it glow like a perfect movie ghost, BUT THIS WAS REAL! THE GHOST WAS COMING INTO MY ROOM AND GOING TO EAT ME! I swear to God that she was a GHOST! eek! My goodness did I scream! I woke the whole house up for sure. I had never been so scared ever before or since.

Guess I showed them, huh? LOL Now I can watch Creature Feature anytime I want.

RADAR

My 16 year old daughter loves B&W TV shows. She is always asking me to record shows like "Father Knows Best", "Dennis the Menace" and many others for us to watch together.

BTW Room 222 was in color and I remember having a crush on Karen Valentine. :)

Not quite as old as the shows mentioned on here but I love watchin MASH and old british comedies. Newer shows are alot of crap and annoying characters that you can sit there and guess whats next. Now were in the age of reality tv and it just keeps gettin worse and worse, I dont care about some fat idiot from NJ that thinks the world revolves around them... My first cpu was an Atari then I had a Tandy w/HDD amazing... Till Windows 3.1 WOO haha

In the late 70's I saw in the local tv guide a show on a boston channel called benny hill.
I thought it was about some street in boston. 11pm, which was past my usual bedtime on a work night,
but one night I decided to stay up and watch.The stuff he got away with on tv was unreal for that era.
I told my friends in work and they made sure they watched.This was before vcr's so there was no recording
for future viewing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)