Old new guy trying to aim again

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Hey guys, it's been awhile since I posted, but have been reading posts every few weeks. So I'm back at it, after a break, I mounted the dish back on the tri-pod, hooked up the Visionsat IV200, I left a maker on the tri-pod poll on what bird I was hitting before I wrapped up for the winter, 119.0W echostar7 is my starting point, very solid signal on the Visionsat meters, everything scrambled of course because it's DirectDish I think it was. But before I wrapped up for the winter, I've been spending hours, days trying to hit 123W Galaxy 10, and for the life of me I know it's just a few millimeters west off from 119.0W correct?? and maybe just a millimeter notch up panning the dish up?? from my back yard "95843, Antelope, CA" I have good south view of the Clark belt, but I can't seem to ping that 123West.
My Visionsat IV200 is set at Freq 12224mhz LNB Freq 9750/10600.
This is set when I'm hitting 119.0W, do I need to change anything on the VisionSat to hit 123.W Galaxy 10?? My KU Band LNB should be able to hit that bird with no problem, or is the signal from 123W so weak you really have to be dead center. Any suggestions for me to try. Thanks, Ohh and Happy New Years, and Happy Chinese New Years. :confused:

Marco

Are you sure you have a Universal LNB?
Look at the LNB, there should be a Label / Sticker with some info like "L.O. Low 9750"

When you have Galaxy 10 selected in the Setup Menu, which TP Freq do you have listed?
Try: 11720

I will double check

Its the GeoSatPro FTA LNB Mini from Satellite AV, i'll double check the settings on the LNB and get back to you, "I"m back at work, spent the lunch hour setting up the dish again" :)

I think at somepoint, I hit one of the international birds with the same LNB, I remember getting allot Middle Eastern channels when I first set it up last year.
LaK, I'll let you know what settings I have it on when I'm hitting 123W, when I get back home tonight.

Look at the LNB, there should be a Label / Sticker with some info like "L.O. Low 9750"

When you have Galaxy 10 selected in the Setup Menu, which TP Freq do you have listed?

Lak, I think you solved my problem, OPPSSS!

Lak, when you asked me what LNB I had, i just doubled checked the SatelliteAV website, and realized I think I bought the LNB for International Channels. I bought the $10 LNB which indicates highlited RED

"The Original and Smallest LNBF in the World
Universal LNBF
For Reception of Satellites Broadcasting Internationally
FSS 10.70 - 12.20 GHz / LO 9750 / 10600"

The have another one for $20 for
-SINGLE OUTPUT STANDARD KU LNBF BULLET - SatelliteAV, LLC.

You can still use it on 123,, just select G10 or G18, whichever its called in your receiver's list, and choose transponder as above 11720. Be sure to setup the satellite's info in the satellite or antenna setup menu screen using the 9750/10600 where it asks for the LO freq, and universal where it asks for 'type'. Then you start with the search! Pan the dish slowly west from 119 until you start to see some signal activity on your receiver's meter. (or signal meter if you have one).

thanks

Thanks for the info TurboSat, I think to keep things simple for the new guy "Me"
I"ll just buy the other LNB for $20 bucks and use both so I can pickup Al Jazeera from time to time, I'll need to get one of those brackets to hold both LNB's.

Marco

You can still use it on 123,, just select G10 or G18, whichever its called in your receiver's list, and choose transponder as above 11720. Be sure to setup the satellite's info in the satellite or antenna setup menu screen using the 9750/10600 where it asks for the LO freq, and universal where it asks for 'type'. Then you start with the search! Pan the dish slowly west from 119 until you start to see some signal activity on your receiver's meter. (or signal meter if you have one).

Either one will work on 97 or 123, or any of the linear sats, you don't need both types. They use the universals more in other countries-some of the frequencies on the euro sats are a little lower than the N American ku band-the universals 'see' those lower freq. But they work here too.

thanks

Thanks again for the info

Either one will work on 97 or 123, or any of the linear sats, you don't need both types. They use the universals more in other countries-some of the frequencies on the euro sats are a little lower than the N American ku band-the universals 'see' those lower freq. But they work here too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)