OLED DISH Burn In

Is that horizontal bar where the dish pause status bar is? Looks kinda like it? If not, does the volume bar show when the tv is muted too?
No, it appeared to me and the Geek Squad guy that the bottom horizontal black bar was a local St Louis show that I watch everyday called Great Day St Louis.

Reactions: lakebum431
I am surprised that burn in is still an issue with modern sets. I had several plasmas, and actually just sold my last one a few months ago, and was fortunate that I only had the issue with one, which not surprisingly was my first set and before I knew better how to prevent it.

The last one I had had the pixel orbiter and was screen. I guess I just assumed any tech that was prone to it would have even better ways to prevent it these days. Especially with the limited times those that you showed should have been displayed.

Great news that they are replacing the set though!

Definitely gives me something to consider if we decide to go OLED in the future.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's interesting because I've had well over a dozen plasmas. Still have 6 of them. Love them and have never had a burn-in issue (and did a lot of gaming in my past on them). I am currently waiting on delivery of my first OLED (LG 77 C9PUA). Makes me a little nervous, but in looking at several of the tests it still seems pretty rare that this happens.

QUOTE="lakebum431, post: 4345546, member: 24954"]It's interesting because I've had well over a dozen plasmas. Still have 6 of them. Love them and have never had a burn-in issue (and did a lot of gaming in my past on them). I am currently waiting on delivery of my first OLED (LG 77 C9PUA). Makes me a little nervous, but in looking at several of the tests it still seems pretty rare that this happens.[/QUOTE]

I have a 2006 Panasonic plasma that has no burn in issues. It may not hurt to get an extended warranty that covers burn in for your new OLED. I only purchased a 2 extended warranty because I was just leary of the newer technology. I wasn't that concerned of burn in issues. They say extended warranties are a waste of money but this is the second time it has saved my butt for a TV. First time we had purchased a DPL from BB around 2005. It ended up being lemonized and we upgraded to a plasma. I am thinking of getting a LED replacement instead of an OLED. Got 90 days to decide on what to do.

Reactions: primestar31
Charles, on something as pricey as an OLED, you were VERY smart in paying the extra money for an extended warranty. Thankfully they actually cover burn-in. I bet they won't in the future, lol.

Now that you've used that warranty once, it's probably going to be expired. You might double-check that. It's been my experience that you only get a one time fix/replacement with one.

Charles, on something as pricey as an OLED, you were VERY smart in paying the extra money for an extended warranty. Thankfully they actually cover burn-in. I bet they won't in the future, lol.

Now that you've used that warranty once, it's probably going to be expired. You might double-check that. It's been my experience that you only get a one time fix/replacement with one.
LOL, I ask the Geek Squad guy about that and he says even the newest extended warranties still covers burn in. Yep on the one time fix and if I wanted the extended warranty on the next TV, will have to purchase it.

QUOTE="lakebum431, post: 4345546, member: 24954"]It's interesting because I've had well over a dozen plasmas. Still have 6 of them. Love them and have never had a burn-in issue (and did a lot of gaming in my past on them). I am currently waiting on delivery of my first OLED (LG 77 C9PUA). Makes me a little nervous, but in looking at several of the tests it still seems pretty rare that this happens.

I have a 2006 Panasonic plasma that has no burn in issues. It may not hurt to get an extended warranty that covers burn in for your new OLED. I only purchased a 2 extended warranty because I was just leary of the newer technology. I wasn't that concerned of burn in issues. They say extended warranties are a waste of money but this is the second time it has saved my butt for a TV. First time we had purchased a DPL from BB around 2005. It ended up being lemonized and we upgraded to a plasma. I am thinking of getting a LED replacement instead of an OLED. Got 90 days to decide on what to do.[/QUOTE]
The only warranty that I know of that covers burn in is Best Buy. You can only buy that if you buy the TV there (I think). If anyone knows of others, please let me know.

Here are three more pics of the burn-in. Notice all the burn-in in the middle of screen. Used You Tube screens.

Attachments

• Orange.jpg
    Orange.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Purple.jpg
    Purple.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 256
Here are three more pics of the burn-in. Notice all the burn-in in the middle of screen. Used You Tube screens.

Wow...that's a mess! At least you're getting a new toy on their dime! :D

I have to say, on the occasions where I've needed to use BestBuy Service Plans, they have taken pretty good care of me as well.

Wow...that's a mess! At least you're getting a new toy on their dime! :D

I have to say, on the occasions where I've needed to use BestBuy Service Plans, they have taken pretty good care of me as well.
Yep, BB has done me good too. And Happy Birthday to you. :bday

Reactions: DWS44
Yep, I think I am going to try something different. BB has given me 90 days to do something. I would really like to get some feedback on the Samsung QLED.
Samsung QLED TVs

Then you need to go over to Avsforum:

By the way, if you were using your old tv with wifi versus ethernet cable, and they are taking it, make sure you remove your wifi password.

https://www.avsforum.com/search_gcse/?q=Samsung QLED

Samsung Launches New 4K & 8K QLED TVs - AVSForum.com

Samsung Launches 2019 QLED Lineup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

The 900 isn't really the same level as the OLED though. It is more of a mid-level right? The 950 might be a little closer.
I'm all in for more FALD zones as an ever-improving alternative to OLED, but if you don't have a theater room setup and/or watch a lot of HDR/WCG UHD content, dropping twice the money on an TV that performs 10-15% better in instrumented tests may not pay off.