One In Five Customers Have Dropped Voom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Seans statements in post #14 of this thread. Specifically, the verbage related to deception from E* and D*. Statements made by E* personnel in a recent chat made me want to puke. It's nice to see a mod who is willing to tell it like it is.

Charlie and Rupert doen't give a mouse's rear about HD- which left a massive window open for Voom.

If Voom can make it through 24 months, they will be a big player for a long time. They really need 500 k subs by years end.

Seawaves said:
Charlie and Rupert doen't give a mouse's rear about HD- which left a massive window open for Voom.

If Voom can make it through 24 months, they will be a big player for a long time. They really need 500 k subs by years end.
How many?-last report is Voom is at 8,000 now-a 492,000 increase in 8 months-uh, o.k.?????

FREE install?? NO more. Now its $199 for the second unit plus rent. Tried twice, posted twice today. I even have the cable already in the room.

Voom is starting to blow it again.

Wake up VOOM. This is enough for people to go back to D* as soon as they get the new satellite going and just a few more HD channels, which I believe will be within the month.

YOU ARE SIMPLY NOT COMPETITIVE

I read the article. First, nowhere in the article does it back up the claim that 1 of 5 have dropped the service. (Actually I went to the Government securities filing and found the following which the article failed to quote.)

"Since our launch in October 2003 and through the end of April 2004, approximately 21% of the customers who had activated our service subsequently terminated the service."

What does that mean? It's open to interpretation. That 4 out of 5 are satisfied? Secondly, the assumption is made that because Voom will eventually go to larger dishes that customers will drop the service even though they will have a free replacement. This sounds like slanting the news the way the writer sees fit. I could have written the same article this way:

VOOM SUCCESS RATE SOARS!

4 our of 5 VOOM users apparently very satisfied with the service. VOOM has 80% success rate! And VOOMERS will get a new free dish when VOOM adds even more HDTV to its services making it necessary to install a larger dish in the future.

You see, it all depends on how it is written. Now, let's all read the article, say bye bye to Rex and see what happens. After all, it's a pioneering effort and it's exciting. Because if you paid $0 for installation....oh my goodness! You've lost $0 dollars if it goes belly up!

Eshu...

I formally did my math at Enron...okay by July 2005?

500k subs, hey it could happen. Look at HD TV set sales. If dealers place those sets by a Voom display, one never knows!

I am really enjoying the very imperfect HD feeds on VOOM today. I will stay with VOOM because I cannot find a better deal. Tomorrow, I will gladly sign up with anyone who can do better. I do not feel any "loyalty" to any of these service providers. I expect that the customer service that I receive from any provider will be fair to poor. This way I don't get hurt or outraged when something doesn't go just right. Sometimes I see us to a bunch of upper crusters sitting around the country club complaining about the limited color choices of this year's Merceds-Benz models. We are truly faced with a wealthy man's dilemma "which HDTV provider shall I chose?". Choices, competition. Is this a great country or what!

Why the hell does everyone write E* , D* , V*. Are we committing some kind of crime if we say the name of the company????? It's very annoying. Let's see if the Satellite police come knocking at my door. Ok this is a big step..........

VOOM
DIRECT TV
DISH NETWORK
WTF ????

Ok, I'm going into hiding now.................

ondarocks said:
Why the hell does everyone write E* , D* , V*. Are we committing some kind of crime if we say the name of the company????? It's very annoying. Let's see if the Satellite police come knocking at my door. Ok this is a big step..........

VOOM
DIRECT TV
DISH NETWORK
WTF ????

Ok, I'm going into hiding now.................
It's the same thing as LOL, LMAO, ROTFLMAO, and WTF. Duh! :D

wasch_24 said:
It's the same thing as LOL, LMAO, ROTFLMAO, and WTF. Duh! :D

No Sh** Sherlock!!!! Did you get that one? I don't think writing D* or V* is the same as writing out LOL= 3 words, ROFLMFAO= 8 WORDS do I need to continue ? or do u now get my point !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only a letter or two more, not to mention u gotta hit the shift key. DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think before u write...........

ondarocks said:
No Sh** Sherlock!!!! Did you get that one? I don't think writing D* or V* is the same as writing out LOL= 3 words, ROFLMFAO= 8 WORDS do I need to continue ? or do u now get my point !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only a letter or two more, not to mention u gotta hit the shift key. DUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Think before u write...........
Hey, piss off!!! See the smilley?! That's what I've been told about using the *.

Non related comments deleted. V*, E*, and D* are standard abbreviation used throughout all bulletin boards. Nothing to argue about. Keep on topic. Any inflamatory comments will continue to be deleted.

Sean Mota said:
Non related comments deleted. V*, E*, and D* are standard abbreviation used throughout all bulletin boards. Nothing to argue about. Keep on topic. Any inflamatory comments will continue to be deleted.
Thanks Sean, I thought I was correct about that. I apologize if telling him to p*** off was inappropriate.

wasch_24 said:
Thanks Sean, I thought I was correct about that. I apologize if telling him to p*** off was inappropriate.

Nobody said you were correct. It was just explained to me in a different matter instead of the " Duh " comment you started off with.

I always find it amazing how selective posts are removed simply because someones views are expressed, no foul language at all was used otherwise I would understand. You don't have to agree with anyone but at least let them speak their piece.

ondarocks said:
Nobody said you were correct. It was just explained to me in a different matter instead of the " Duh " comment you started off with.

I always find it amazing how selective posts are removed simply because someones views are expressed, no foul language at all was used otherwise I would understand. You don't have to agree with anyone but at least let them speak their piece.

Guys if you want to rant about each other. I'll suggest to create a thread and I'll be more than happy to let you do that. However, this thread is not about ranting about the abbreviations that are used for E*, D* or V*. Let's keep our focus on the subject in hand. I am not purposely selecting post or pointing finger on anybody.

Sean Mota said:
Guys if you want to rant about each other. I'll suggest to create a thread and I'll be more than happy to let you do that. However, this thread is not about ranting about the abbreviations that are used for E*, D* or V*. Let's keep our focus on the subject in hand. I am not purposely selecting post or pointing finger on anybody.

No biggy just lettin off some steam due to a bad work day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts