One In Five Customers Have Dropped Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old news it's 4 days old. Excuse me Sean I've seen you post stuff of the net older than that.

rexoverbey said:
Old news it's 4 days old. Excuse me Sean I've seen you post stuff of the net older than that.

Perhaps... But it was not as discussed as this one. Read the thread stuck on this.

rexoverbey said:
I'm one out of 5. Hehe.
If and when, and I admit the track record is a big IF thus far, D* and/or E* add the premies in hd, Voom has very little left to tout over its competition. How about the exclusives you say?-PLEASE- the same concerts/videos over and over and over and over ........melting ice cream and substandard/low budget looking newscasts won't keep my $112.00 per month business-sign me up D* IF and when the Hd expansion takes place-until then I be Voomin, but if PQ doesn't stabilize and improve I be joining Rex berry berry soon-Hurry D*, save me from my substandard pq and repetitive program hell-LMAO

rexoverbey said:
I'm one out of 5. Hehe.
So you've canceled but hang around a Voom forum and agitate people? It's not that the story is five days old, it's that others have posted about it five days ago. What is your agenda? What purpose do you wish to provide to the readers of this forum? I want to hear the bad news about Voom, but I don't want to hear some flamer gleefully carping on how awful the service is.

I still have service, I still have voom. Sean was going to quit and no said "Get the blank out". Half the people here agree w/ me. The other half are die hard voomers who think Voom is god.

rexoverbey said:
I still have service, I still have voom. Sean was going to quit and no said "Get the blank out". Half the people here agree w/ me. The other half are die hard voomers how think Voom is god.
Got your back Rex-express your opinion freely/positive or negative-after all isn't that what these forums are for anyhoo?

eschu97611 said:
Got your back Rex-express your opinion freely/positive or negative-after all isn't that what these forums are for anyhoo?

Rex, I agree with many things you say. My problem with your posts is that they seem to serve no purpose other than to agitate people. I think part of the purpose of these forums is to point out problems. I don't think a purpose of this forum is to attempt to irritate others.

rexoverbey said:
I still have service, I still have voom. Sean was going to quit and no said "Get the blank out". Half the people here agree w/ me. The other half are die hard voomers how think Voom is god.

Rex,

no one thinks VOOM is god. I think everyone loves HD and if a single provider has been able to wake the competition from their big sleep, I am all for it. I have E* for 6 long years in which C. Ergens cheated me out of $1,700 (two 6000 and a 721). All this equipment today has become absolete. For believing E* and their 50 HD plan and Superdish and their promise that I will not need anything else to get HD, I went ahead and invested on them. Guess what? I never got the 50 HD channels that E* promised. Not only this but their plan was crap... real crap... They only added ESPN-HD and HDnet so that they can be equal to D*. Since last year after ESPN-HD was added, both providers have been at sleep in the HD arena.

A lot of people will tell you that the 6000 is very stable but let me ask you how the hell can E* get away with selling a receiver that has bugs and charged the money they were charging for it and then come out and said we are no longer supporting it. Not only this, but Ergen has come out and said so many times that there is no compelling HD programming in the market that makes me vomit. He's a lier. Now he has decided to add TNT-HD (remain to happen) and he tells me that TNT-HD offers more compelling programming that Starz-HD or Cinemax-HD. What a lier again.

So if you think you are going to a nice company like E* go ahead. Certainly no one company is heaven on earth and no one is saying V* is god. But is HD channels that neither E* nor D* combined can provide at this point. As long as V* can make both of these providers look bad, the better the chance that E* or D* subs to see more HD channels added.

We are not blind Rex. We are not going blind into this. We just know that at this point the Market is limited and in my case cannot find the same programming over E*, D* or cable. Sad to say but that is the case. That is reality. Again my viewing habits are not the same as yours or others. I enjoyed all type of programming from all different sources. So to me the 21 Exclusive channels represent good viewing for me which I can complement with the other streamline HD channels (or should I say the other way around).

Let's see the other guys do a free install and rental for the STBs instead of paying $499 per box, along with all the HD content, and I might start looking. Until then, I am sticking with my Voom. And probably stay with them unless they mess up. I believe in "dancin' with the one who brung ya!!"

cyuhnke said:
Rex, I agree with many things you say. My problem with your posts is that they seem to serve no purpose other than to agitate people. I think part of the purpose of these forums is to point out problems. I don't think a purpose of this forum is to attempt to irritate others.
(Since you quoted my post I will chime in)
Truth can be irritating at times. Those who attempt to expose flaws to people who have invested much time and money in a product/service don't always like to hear opinions which may place doubt into those same minds. Accept others views as opinion based on experience-not personal attacks on invested time and energy into a service which is currently far from ideal or "high quality" at the moment. Diversity of opinion is what makes this forum and our nation great imo-listen and disagree if you wish, but never attack a man for his opinion-attack the opinion itself if you must, but never the person who supplies it.

Totally agree with Sean M. I owned a cband shop for years and still loath the day Mr Ergen bough old Houston Tracker company(old steller cband equip manufacturer) and turned there stuff into supposed flash upgradable super premier recievers. Ya they did a couple upgrades to this 3 ounce paper wt. receiver. Then all the power supplys started to take a dump and Charles killed tracker all toghether. And wow anyone in the cband history circle remembers those great Echo cband recievers they produced.

Luckily, I stuck with mostly Drake, Toshiba, Chapparel stuff.

Charles never keeps promises and while I give him lots of props in some areas like Dishnetwork not letting Dave be the only player. I also got sick of upgrading Eq only to see it not supported after a short time or junk all toghether.

Yes I know Murdock and Cablevision are not saints either, However I love what VOOM is and what VOom is delivering.

I will stand buy them thru thick and thin as yes I have had to live with the speedbumps of a new upstart satellite company, But I did the same with the other two and more.

I LOVE VOOM>>>>>>>

My two cents. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts