Openbox Ethernet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GenBap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Sorry if this has been well discussed, I did a search and did not see anything obvious. But what does the Ethernet settings on the Openbox S9 do? It does not seem to be for updates or guide or anything I can tell. Information on this fuction would be appreciated.

Some of the more recent software versions allow you to load the Openbox via the network port, rather than using USB. In Europe, they use it for internet key-sharing. There are many versions of the software, and only a few are network enabled.

Originally, the LAN port was only used for card sharing and IKS for theft of service on the Openbox. Recently a few versions of firmware enabled firmware and channel list updating via the port.

The ALI 3601 / 3602 / 3606 chipsets do not provide the ability to provide file access or network access to recordings via the LAN port.

Go to ebay and search for openbox s9 wifi and you'll see the setup. You can update channels and FW through LAN (Wifi). Not a must but might be handy.

I also think even the the newer American FW's may start having the networking enabled. I hope so...if it'll do it, I want it in there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts