Openbox green issue fixed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just scanned 79W , with both versions, and neither version found KTEL . They both found only KTXL Fox 40 feed, SR=3977.
9/27/2010 version 3:10
3/21/2011 version 5:30
So I can't say that it is REALLY a lot better at low SR feeds.
:(

I'd say it's still faster blindscan than the Pansat 9200. And it does now find KTEL on blindscan for me. Never did previously. (10ft - DMX241 on Diseqc sw.)

I just compared the 9/27/2010 firmware that has been my regular one, with the new 3/21/2011 on 91W Ku blindscan.
Methodology:
1. Load firmware , locate satellite , then clear all tp's except one active tp. Reboot the stb. Make sure that the single tp is still active, then start the blindscan, FTA only .

9/27/2010 firmware , found 5 channels, 13 tp's in 4:59 .
3/21/2011 firmware , found 5 channels, 13 tp's in 13:47 .

This was a larger difference than I was expecting.... :(

Mine takes about 3:41 min to scan 91ºW Ku BUT i am using a universal LNB, so it detects almost every Bell ExpressVu! transponder. BUT at Satmex satellites it found now 4 transponder with a SR of less than 1500, plus at 99ºW it also detected two 1562 Televisa feeds, all this with a clean install and no transponders whatsoever in a newly created satellite.

With the new firmware, I just timed a scan of 91W Ku for FTA channels only and it took 8 minutes and 35 seconds, detecting 10 channels not counting Bell radio or data channels. (I'm guessing they're data because they show up on the radio list but don't have any audio.) But my memory is far from clear, there's probably close to 200 old feed transponders in there :( I'll have to clear it out sometime and try it.

I don't know what the scan time for 91 for the old firmware was, but it always took quite a while compared to most other satellites.

A scan of 97W Ku for all channels (252 TV, 150 radio) takes only 2:45, which is only a few seconds longer than it used to take. (I'm thinking it was somewhere in the 2:30 to 2:40 range.) But that's always been a well-behaved bird for me, no adjacent-satellite interference at all as long as my dish is aimed squarely at it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)