Edision OS Mio 4K+ stuck in endless cycle of restarts - Help Please.

Is that weather plug-in user installed or installed by default with the latest TNAP image?

Is that weather plug-in user installed or installed by default with the latest TNAP image?
It's in there by default.

It's not just that plugin though, it seems to be a combo between that one, AND the GlamourAuraFHD skin. That's the original skin from the first TNAP, though I believe it's been tweaked since then.

Reactions: Cham
I've been running TNAP 4 since it came out on my original box with the PLi-FullNightHD skin and on my second box since last week. No issues but mine never go online.
That skin is fine, it's just the GlamourAuraFHD skin the WeatherMSN plugin, some odd combo and newly developed issue between those two when they are running on TNAP 4.0 while connected to the internet.

Reactions: Cham
I switched to an openPLI OS seems fine. Streaming and viewing from HDMI directly all good, except NTP doesn't seem to be working. Might have to change servers the included link may be wrong or out-of-date.
Might switch back to TNAP4 and switch skins and see what happens; later though; the MIO is currently in use and the doghouse is rather small...
Wierd how this came about all at once. Would like to know what started this issue.

Been working fine with TNAP 4.0 using the alternate skin as indicated by others. NTP works again as well. El Bandido indicates the weather applet will be fixed.
Fix is in the feeds right now for the GlamourAura skin. I just downloaded it, and re-installed the WeatherMSN plugin. I'm doing another full backup right now, and then I'll switch back to the GlamourAura skin, and see what happens. I'll repost results.

Ok, backup finished, I switched back to the GlamourAura skin, and it rebooted. Everything now appears to be working perfectly once again! I love that particular skin, and I give kudo's and thanks to MCelliotG (the skin designer) for a quick fix, and just keeping this maintained in general. I'm sure it's a LOT of work to do so.

I also give kudos in general to El Bandido for his on-going expertise and willingness to do building and maintenance of our TNAP image and updates, and ALL his help in general.

Reactions: mc6809e and Cham
I agree that El Bandido is doing an awesome job. I still have to wonder what caused the problem in the first place. The skin would have stayed the same unless a manual download was done. My money is on the weather app after all it has Microsoft in its name, doesn’t it?

Reactions: FTA4PA
I agree that El Bandido is doing an awesome job. I still have to wonder what caused the problem in the first place. The skin would have stayed the same unless a manual download was done. My money is on the weather app after all it has Microsoft in its name, doesn’t it?
Yeah, something in the weather app changed, and the skin couldn't handle it. Here's a partial quote by El Bandido, before the GlamourAura skin was fixed to handle the issue:

It looks like the program is computing a value for BETA and it is coming back as 0 or as a negative number. So it throws the IOError and tries to restart.
The million dollar question is why did the BETA calculation suddenly start returning an illegal value and what can we do to go around it or fix it?

OK, I finally had a little bit of time off work here. I've read through all the comments and got my boxes working for now by deleting the weather plugin and switching skins. I want to send a big thank you out to everyone that contributed to figuring out the answer to this. THANK YOU!

I searched the posts and came back here. Simple questions maybe someone can clear up.
Trying to flash an image to a slot that has an image (obviously).
It goes right past the press okay in 10 seconds screen and boots into the existing image.

How is the force and noforce file exactly supposed to work?
If an image (openvix) doesn't have the files already in it, does that mean adding it makes no difference?
If multiboot is installed, is a USB cold boot flash disabled in all slots?
3 slots occupied. Trying to flash with USB in one of them. No joy. Shoots right past the new image detected, hold the button thing.
Oh Lord please don't ask me why I want to do it that way.
And please don't steer me towards a recovery USB flash that will wipe the other images to smithereens.
I tried 3 good quality sticks. A 2 gig and 2-4 gigs. Nope. Not happening.

Did I miss something?

Multiboot flashing is different for most images. for Openpli based it is in the menu setup/ flash image. For OpenAtv in menu software manager flash online and for openVix look in the menu Vix and image manager. They are all different. For Open Pli the zipped image file needs to be in a folder named downloded_images, Openvix a folder named imagebackups and OpenAtv a folder named images. If you flash the usb emmc version that is for slot 1 and may wipe the other slots.

Reactions: arlo and norman881