OS Mio scanning for Wi-Fi networks

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
Question, when I scan for my wireless Wi-Fi network, I encounter a screen stating a software problem has been encountered, crashes and then re-starts. Have I missed a setting before scanning?

Image as in skin? The stock default skin, North American Project on tuner one. Tuned to an active transponder. Image version 146 Sep 28 from my backup screen?

You are running the NA project image (firmware) that it came with from Titanium? I'm using mine hard-wired ethernet so I can't really help you with the wifi since I've never turned mine on, but I thought I'd ask a few questions to clarify things for others to chime in that are using wifi.

I use Hard wired LAN as well(For everything that I can, I have a 26 port Gigabit switch that is over half full!!)
...but I just tried to scan for wireless networks and it scanned fine. It only showed the ones that are 2.4G though, it did not list my 5G WLANs.

Reactions: primestar31
I suspect one of my antennas have came loose inside.

You are running the NA project image (firmware) that it came with from Titanium? I'm using mine hard-wired ethernet so I can't really help you with the wifi since I've never turned mine on, but I thought I'd ask a few questions to clarify things for others to chime in that are using wifi.
Yes, running the North American Project as it came out of the box.

Does the MIO do 5 GHz wifi?

I use Hard wired LAN as well(For everything that I can, I have a 26 port Gigabit switch that is over half full!!)
...but I just tried to scan for wireless networks and it scanned fine. It only showed the ones that are 2.4G though, it did not list my 5G WLANs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts