osmio4k streaming adventures

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I'm not sure if the problem is with the osmio4k or the T95 tv box. The osmio4k that the wife uses doesn't stream very long with Azteca on 97W C-band (3760V31456) but other services stream just fine. I can stream from my osmio4k to the T95 tv box OK but not from the wife's. Streaming from the wife's box starts OK but then it freeze frames within 30 seconds when streaming Azteca. Since I have 2 T95's I swapped them out and I still have the problem. Heh, while composing this post the wife walked in and said the stream from my osmio4k froze - lasted over an hour though. Anyway, I've tried 3 different players on the T95. Maybe it's not the osmio4k but a processing power issue on the T95. I tried to stream to the TV via my wife's old N4110 dell laptop and an HDMI cable but that didn't work out so I tried my Asus gaming laptop and that worked just fine. So, it must be a processing power issue with the T95's? One is a T95 Max and the other is a T95 Plus. Anyway, I went all out and ordered a Nvidia Shield Pro to stream my wifes' programming to her TV. I gotta stop spending money - maybe I should get a DN sub? Anyway, I don't understand why all other sat services stream OK but not Azteca. I've been using TNAP 3.2 but I tried OpenDroid with the same result.

Use DreamDroid and KDPlayer on the Samsung Galaxy J7.

Tuned Azteca on 97w 3760V31460 (SID04) for past hour and it continues to play out without errors. The Mio is wired Ethernet to NetGear Nighthawk AC1900 and 5G WiFi to the Android smartphone.

Have you checked for network congestion?

Use DreamDroid and KDPlayer on the Samsung Galaxy J7.

Tuned Azteca on 97w 3760V31460 (SID04) for past hour and it continues to play out without errors. The Mio is wired Ethernet to NetGear Nighthawk AC1900 and 5G WiFi to the Android smartphone.

Have you checked for network congestion?

Congestion might be an issue even though my WAN connection is 500 Mb. My network might have covid (ha, ha). I'm not sure of what the device to device speeds are over the LAN. Anyway, I doubt that it is an issue since my Asus gaming laptop streamed it OK over a 5 GHz wifi connection - the wife's wifi to the same AP didn't work so well. Normally the T95 connects to a Netgear R7800 via an ethernet cable and that router is a WDS station that connects to the WDS AP (another Netgear R7800) over 5GHz at a 1.3 Gb rate (VHT80). I'm going to try connecting the Asus laptop to the WDS station router next time this happens. The Netgear routers are using dd-wrt firmware. This problem comes and goes. The stream seems to work OK most of the time with one of my kids playing Fortnite, the wife watching HSN on her laptop and/or streaming music on her laptop, and myself watching a movie through Amazon or streaming a program from my osmio4k, and my other kid watches some youtube videos, when the wife is trying to stream Azteca along with all of this. That is the normal load and everything works most of the time but sometimes it doesn't. Speed tests from 2 sources don't show any significant decrease in WAN performance. I even tried using http connections instead of https when streaming from the mio and adjusted buffering where possible - no fix there. I hope my description makes sense.

Reactions: Titanium
I use a however many year old Asus TF-300t tablet with a custom ROM and it will stream to VLC forever from the OsMio webif using the stock browser.

The problem cropped up again. Using the Asus laptop didn't help this time.

1. Rebooted WDS routers - no improvement
2. Rebooted the T95Z Plus Android TV box - no improvement
3. Rebooted the osmio4k - fixed the problem.

I don't know why this seems to affect Azteca only. I guess I don't need the Nvidea Shield after all.

I'm still fighting this issue. Azteca services on 97W are the main problem. According to tvrosat, I need 7.2 dB C/N to lock the signal and I have 10.6 dB and yet the video breaks up even with the HDMI output. I don't see any drop outs in the signal level so I don't know what the issue is. It isn't windy either (less than 5 mph right now). I'm going to swap osmio boxes tomorrow and see if the problem follows the box.

heh, about a half hour of this original post, the wife began complaining about her Azteca Uno on the other antenna began freeze framing even though it has a 15 dB C/N on 3760 on 97W. Some kind of interference in my area at this time of night?

Last edited:
I'm still fighting this issue. Azteca services on 97W are the main problem. According to tvrosat, I need 7.2 dB C/N to lock the signal and I have 10.6 dB and yet the video breaks up even with the HDMI output. I don't see any drop outs in the signal level so I don't know what the issue is. It isn't windy either (less than 5 mph right now). I'm going to swap osmio boxes tomorrow and see if the problem follows the box.

heh, about a half hour of this original post, the wife began complaining about her Azteca Uno on the other antenna began freeze framing even though it has a 15 dB C/N on 3760 on 97W. Some kind of interference in my area at this time of night?
I sent you a pm. Offer's still open to try my usb backup image. It will need some tweaks for your diseqc and stored sat positions and go through the networking, time zone setup. I also use an external hdd so you'll want to go through that setup too.
It's openatv 6.3 and it works flawless and you don't have that funky remote control mess other images put you through.

I sent you a pm. Offer's still open to try my usb backup image. It will need some tweaks for your diseqc and stored sat positions and go through the networking, time zone setup. I also use an external hdd so you'll want to go through that setup too.
It's openatv 6.3 and it works flawless and you don't have that funky remote control mess other images put you through.

Doesn't OpenATV have an issue with T2MI? My understanding is that T2MI can't scan in 2 transponders that are 4 MHz apart (like Decades and H&I East on 101W).

Doesn't OpenATV have an issue with T2MI? My understanding is that T2MI can't scan in 2 transponders that are 4 MHz apart (like Decades and H&I East on 101W).
I was given beta drivers to test from Edision some months ago on a "give them a whirl and tell us what you think" basis.
I believe I found the one that worked the best for me.

We always have access to satellite charts. Decades is in my channel list, Heroes and Icons East wasn't.
It came up in a manual scan just now as 3734 SID 0x01. A quick edit in my favorite channel editor (E-Channelizer) and a drag-and-drop into the 101W SES 1 bouquet after finding and correctly naming the picon. Then saving to the box. All is good.

It could be because I do thorough scans and delete those that I won't get like DC 2, Verimatrix, etc. Rename those that show up as TP and SID (again from the charts)... and I may have screwed up and deleted H&I. Sort alphabetically and write to the receiver......who knows. It's there now in glorious 704X480.
And in blindscans and manual TP scans if I find usable transponders that aren't in the satellites.xml file, I add them.
Thanks to the guys here and other sites, they have helped me in my almost 2 years back into C-Band (and now Ku-band) hobby.

I seem to have lost that PM. Can you resend it? I'll give it a try. Also, aren't there suppose to be Azteca feeds on 113W (C-band) that are mirrors of what is on 97W (C-band)? I remember scanning them in on 113W a few weeks ago but can't see them now. Since other DVB-S2 3/4 and 5/6 FEC services are coming in with 11+ dB C/N I would assume that they would scan in. Are they still there? From what I can remember they had a transponder change on 113W and ended up at 3900. tvrosat shows them on 3830 but that doesn't scan in either.

I just tried OpenVIX on 113W and still can't scan in the Azteca feeds.

I seem to have lost that PM. Can you resend it? I'll give it a try. Also, aren't there suppose to be Azteca feeds on 113W (C-band) that are mirrors of what is on 97W (C-band)? I remember scanning them in on 113W a few weeks ago but can't see them now. Since other DVB-S2 3/4 and 5/6 FEC services are coming in with 11+ dB C/N I would assume that they would scan in. Are they still there? From what I can remember they had a transponder change on 113W and ended up at 3900. tvrosat shows them on 3830 but that doesn't scan in either.

I just tried OpenVIX on 113W and still can't scan in the Azteca feeds.
Will PM you in a minute or you can me, Might be better if you do.
I just zipped my dish to 113 and all I can say is there is signal and channels. I dont really watch it much so not too familiar with the content. My sig display is for dB and it's at 12dB for 4040V (actually displays 4039V).

It must be some kind of interference since I watched Azteca Uno for over 2 hours on 97W and now it's stuttering. Either that or it's a heat problem. 15.3 dB C/N off of one antenna and 10.6 dB on the other antenna. But if it's a heat problem, why is only Azteca affected? I wish I had access to the test equipment that I once had.......

Last edited:
Azteca moved. New spot on Sat.113

It's still on 97W but it's suppose to be on 113W also. Can you confirm the transponder for 113W? lyngsat and tvrosat shows 3830H but I think it moved to 3900. Regardless, I can't seem to scan it in. I don't think I have the dishes aligned "perfect". It's interesting that while aligning that I'll get a missing service back while losing another. Anyway, a "perfect" alignment ends up misaligned after the next "significant" storm. I shouldn't have to be realigning the dish after every storm. Before anyone suggests it, I can't tighten the nuts and bolts any tighter without risking stripping the threads (which I've had the misfortune of having that happen in the past). Anyway, I'm monitoring Azteca on 97W to see if it's a temperature issue. Looks like it is. It was working OK at 78 degrees this morning (0900) but now that it's over 80 (@1000) it's getting occasional breakups. It'll be interesting to see if it gets worse as the temperature moves to the upper 90's today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)