OTA Hicups

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Starting in the last week or two, OTA on Joeys (through original single channel dongle), and recordings, has brief visual and audio drops outs, pixilation, every two to three seconds. HOWEVER, live viewing on Hopper 3 is just fine. This one has me baffled. Any thoughts?

Edit. Checked earlier recordings, and they are fine.

Last edited:
Starting in the last week or two, OTA on Joeys (through original single channel dongle), and recordings, has brief visual and audio drops outs, pixilation, every two to three seconds. HOWEVER, live viewing on Hopper is just fine. This one has me baffled. Any thoughts?

I'm having the same experience on my Joey attached to a HWS.

My two single tuner OTA dongles are working fine, last I checked.

But I bought a CM DVR+ to completely eliminate any problems and save money. When my reno is done, I'll set it up in the MBR, test it, and cut off Dish locals. Might cut out the rarely used Joey and protection plan (it didn't protect me from the CGUI).

My latest 502 upgrade was on 8/30. Recordings prior are fine, after not so fine. So there is apparently a bug in the latest version.

C'mon 503! Ota problems here also, completely disappearing from the guide.

This morning was the 1st since the update they did not vanish from the guide. Just when I had a little hope they were gone by the time I got home this evening.

Also having the dropouts, but they occur on joeys as well as Hopper 3,just more noticeable on joeys. A reboot does not resolve it, but disconnecting the antenna coax and reconnecting does. I've done that 3 times now to resolve the issue.

Same issue here on Joey's (connected to a hopper 3 with a single tuner USB OTA dongle) since the latest software update received on 8/30.
This was an issue when the Hopper 3 first came out and took about 6 months before it was fixed. It is now back. One step forward two steps back.

These OTA hiccups continue. I've previously stated my HWS loses the ota signal at times for absolutely no reason. Usually a quick switch to a satellite channel and back again clears it up. I've also had the "loss of signal" box superimposed over a perfectly good ota picture. The latest bug is that sometimes the ota sound drops while the picture is fine. Generally these problems are preceded by that pixilation others have mentioned. In all cases, a switch to a satellite channel and right back clears the problem up. I might add that these ota problems were non-existent until the switch to the CUI.
BTW, does anyone know what the U237 was supposed to have fixed?

Reactions: pattykay
I tried the somewhere suggestion of disconnecting the coax. Still the same after reconnect.
I have reported the Bug.
Today when I tried it it did not work, but the Hopper was not actually in use and outputting video like all the other times. As soon as I turnes it on the breakups on the Joey quit.

But, hey! Our 4K Joeys get Netflix now! Progress!

Now, to see if Netflix and stable OTA can live together in harmony...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts