OTA Issues and New Software 6.20 Download Tonight!

Yahooo! One very big difference after the update, no white screen switching channels. I am using the DVI, and very often when changing channels I had a white screen for a few seconds until I changed back and forth, or waited, now it seamlessly switches channels. GREAT!

Technut, can't you get it over the air, instead of phone? Going to "system settings", then "installer menu", then "installation wizard", then "verify voom", the "ok", then it will tell you an update is available, and follow the instructions. I am new to this Forum, so if this is old news, my apologies.

after talking to the 3rd CSR i needed the box hit and they need the #'s to the card that was in the box since they somehow disappeared...lol

were up and runnin after the hit, so what did we get in the upgrade,,,hmmmmm

1. Pixelation on Satellite Channels when tuning to a weak OTA channel is fixe.
2. Transparent surf menu bar is gone. It was an accident to begin with. (I liked it and I hope it will come back later on full feature.)

Those are the two I know...

Sean Mota said:
2. Transparent surf menu bar is gone. It was an accident to begin with. (I liked it and I hope it will come back later on full feature.)

Those are the two I know...
I called it! ;) I'm downloading it now.

kudos to bnl107 for finding the manual download. Got my upgraded but don't see any difference. nice to see moto doing something w/o waiting 3 months :)

Software Update tonight?!

I was having sever rainfade, probably because it's severely raining here ;-), and saw the Sat Icon went Orange, not Red, Orange. Haven't seen that. So I went to the Settings and see this:

Target Software Version: V00.01.20

I'm in Louisiana. Gonna put my boxes into sleep mode and see what happens in the morning.

Augurr

Yes, software update version 1.20 (aka 6.20) seems to be coming tonight. See this thread.

Hey ya'll,

looks like you dont need a phone to download update now!

I didnt have phone connected and forced a download to see what happend and it downloaded the files, I think it was a bit slow due to the time i downloadd them

1. Identifying Updates 00:01

2. Locating Updates 05:03

3. Receving updates 16:54

any one else notice this?

I just wanted to say that with this new software that we received tonight, I'm not noticing the sparklies that I would often see on various SD channels.

Great job Voom!

Voom Great job Update

I just received version 6.20 tonite and it has passed expectation. Biggest improvement is fluid picture when changing channels. The picture from selected channel tunes rite away and is clear immediately. I don't see stuck pixels like before. The microstutter has improved tremendously. I was watching Eye over Provence and i don't see much "mosquito noise" rooftops. I hope this is permanent. The picture quality is much nicer. The picture is clear not much noise almost akin to HD DVD when it arrives - picture it in my imagination. I like voom cause they listen. Thank you Voom. I bet this has something to do with showing off voom in the Olympics . They want to have their best leg foreward

Bring on DVR and WM9 lets blast D* and E* in Dust. Also PPV in HD

Got it Too!!

I recieved the update, interestingly enough, I did not have my reciever in standby as many suggest.

I receved the update with the reciever on

I had both receivers targeted. One downloaded the update last night, while the other did not. This morning I forced the update on the second receiver. Working well. Great Find. It takes that guide forever to redownload, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)