OTA locals

taylor2767

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I just installed a OTA for digital/hd locals and they look sweet. My question is if I drop the locals from my service will the guide continue to be updated for the OTA locals? Thanks.

I just installed a OTA for digital/hd locals and they look sweet. My question is if I drop the locals from my service will the guide continue to be updated for the OTA locals? Thanks.
No. All you will see is Digital Service.

As far as I know, with the 622, you'll need to keep Dish Locals so that you have OTA guide data.

Also, for a small price, gives you much more recording capability - 3 network HD locals can be recorded at once....a necessity in my house.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping they would but I may just start using the TV Guide instead.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping they would but I may just start using the TV Guide instead.
I'm afraid you will regret that when you have to start setting up manual timers to record anything OTA. Also, if you go with the DVR Advantage, your locals are included an you pay $3.00 less.

i'm having the same problem...are we positive this is the way it is?

i had an 811, and my channel guide worked perfectly for OTA channels, w/o local channel subscription.

Now my 622 does not work. no one has been able to make it work at all?

i'm having the same problem...are we positive this is the way it is?

i had an 811, and my channel guide worked perfectly for OTA channels, w/o local channel subscription.

Now my 622 does not work. no one has been able to make it work at all?

The 811 is the only receiver with an ota tuner that does not require the local channel subscription. The 622 requires the local subscription to give you the guide info.

Hello I need help with this topic. I've had E* over a year now with the 622 & HD package, with locals

however when i "moved" to chicago to pickup east coast feed of major locals, the guide data stopped showing up on my OTA locals. i do pay for locals every month and have never had a problem getting the major 4 HD local stations out of chicago, and all the OTA HD stations in my town.

but the 622 won't pick up the guide data on the OTA stations?

isn't that big of a problem since the OTA HD locals in my town are crap and only work half of the time. plus their local commercials are screaming loud and pathetic

any ideas?

Hello I need help with this topic. I've had E* over a year now with the 622 & HD package, with locals

however when i "moved" to chicago to pickup east coast feed of major locals, the guide data stopped showing up on my OTA locals. i do pay for locals every month and have never had a problem getting the major 4 HD local stations out of chicago, and all the OTA HD stations in my town.

but the 622 won't pick up the guide data on the OTA stations?

isn't that big of a problem since the OTA HD locals in my town are crap and only work half of the time. plus their local commercials are screaming loud and pathetic

any ideas?
Your MOVE is the problem. Local analogs and their sister digital channels are listed as 006 (analog) and 006-1 (digital). In Chicago, your area 006 will certainly be another channel, thus no direct tie to your digital, which is necessary for the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)