Pansat 3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
shramj said:
Can you get both Analogy KU and C bands with this receiver or does that havve to do with the LNBF's?

no analog...different receiver
You can get C & Ku band digital with this

vfrjim said:
When this unit "blind searches" are the PIDS it finds accurate?? How long does it take to search a satellite?(typical)

someone didnt read the review :)

"In less than 5 minutes, I had TV"

I scanned a few over the weekend and most blind scans start to finish were under 5 minutes. Couple were maybe 6-7 minutes

PIDS are always right...the frequency and symbol rate are based on LNB, so it may be off by 1 or 2

Iceberg,

Another great review. You state that scanning is faster than the Coolsat. I wondered if you could speak to the overall functionality of the Pansat vs. Coolsat? Is it as easy to use for a newb? Is there anything (glaring) missing from the Pansat vs. Coolsat? How about picture quality differences?

Sorry for all the questions, I am looking at this unit (yes I know already!) for the AC3 option but I do like the Coolsat overall (easy) and don't want to get over my head or lose anything. Anything you can add would be helpful.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Iceberg,

Another great review. You state that scanning is faster than the Coolsat. I wondered if you could speak to the overall functionality of the Pansat vs. Coolsat? Is it as easy to use for a newb? Is there anything (glaring) missing from the Pansat vs. Coolsat? How about picture quality differences?

Sorry for all the questions, I am looking at this unit (yes I know already!) for the AC3 option but I do like the Coolsat overall (easy) and don't want to get over my head or lose anything. Anything you can add would be helpful.

My second unit I bought over a year ago was a Pansat, so for me using the 3500 was very easy, since I have a 1500. Setup is very easy for the Pansat. Everything is on one screen. The Coolsat has 2 screens if your working with a motorized setup. Pansat does it all on one.

The only difference is the meter..Pansats have always been known for spazmatic meters. Coolsats are usually stable, but I had a comparison in the meters a while back. The Coolsat seems to be on 70 even with a 90 signal. Best Ive ever seen is a 82. The Pansat fluxuates so you know when the signal is good or bad.

The AC-3 is nice and I just got a UHF remote for the Pansat. Going to hook it up and try it tonight : )

Iceberg said:
Everything is on one screen. The Coolsat has 2 screens if your working with a motorized setup. Pansat does it all on one.

I have been wishing the Coolsat had a one-screen-does-it-all setup. Sounds like the Pansat is much easier.

Thanks

Pansat 3500S

Got home from work and had a note on the door. Fed-Ex man left it with my neighbor. Will be busy tomorrow evening. Think I might slave it to my C-Band tonight and play with it.
Happy,Happy,Happy,Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceberg said:
someone didnt read the review :)

"In less than 5 minutes, I had TV"

I scanned a few over the weekend and most blind scans start to finish were under 5 minutes. Couple were maybe 6-7 minutes

PIDS are always right...the frequency and symbol rate are based on LNB, so it may be off by 1 or 2

Did you scan Telstar 5, Galaxy4R or any other very populated Sats? Or did you only scan dish net (or the similar)? Because 7 minutes on Telstar5 would be great since most other receivers would take on the time of 20 minutes.

Thanks

G4R has no KU band.

I scanned everything from 72-110...my LOS for this setup stops at 110, because it hits the roof.

Scanned AMC9 last night in 6 minutes
Scanned T6 in 9 minutes
I didnt scan T5 but T6 had about 30+ TP's last night and the 3500 burned through them like a champ :)

Iceberg said:
G4R has no KU band.

I scanned everything from 72-110...my LOS for this setup stops at 110, because it hits the roof.

Scanned AMC9 last night in 6 minutes
Scanned T6 in 9 minutes
I didnt scan T5 but T6 had about 30+ TP's last night and the 3500 burned through them like a champ :)

thanks

When I blind scanned 119 today, from start to finish it was 13 minutes (from the time I hit OK to start blind scaning until it said "saving channels")...so a little longer. I think it had to dicipher the Free ones from the scrmabled and that took a while

Iceberg,

Sounds like the Pansat has a fast scan-I like that. Have you discovered any "issues" of any kind with the unit now that you have used it awhile? I'm hoping you say "no" since mine is due to arrive on Wednesday. :)

only "issue" I noticed, and it may be the setup, is if you are "nudging" and you hit the nudge multiple times too fast, the signal will shoot to 99 and you have to do a switrch reset.

I noticed this when I was nudging for 110, and since the DBS LNB is not at 110, I had to nudge.

If you go nudge...wait a second then nudge it works fine

but if you go nudge nudge real quick it might (key word is MIGHT) make the signal strength jump to 99 and then you have to do the power switch.

But other than that, I really can't find any issue....on the universal remote, I sometimes hit the "TV" button instead of "last"...but usually its dark in the room :)

One thing I noticed about scanning a DBS satellite is the 3500 gives you the name of the channel.

My 1500 says "TV XXX" so like NASA says TV 213. The Pansat says NASA. This works good for the aduio, because they say "CD 1, CD 2," etc

Not to change the subject, but the Pansat 3500 has an optical out. My DVD recorder does as well. Do I need to look for an audio receiver that has two optical inputs or is there another way? I noticed the ones with 2 optical are more expensive.

Solved my problem. I remembered an old DVD player that had been set to component output by mistake (my TV doesn't have component inouts). I unplugged it to see if it would reset and it did. It has both coaxal and optical digital output so all I need is one of each type rather than two optical.

I like the 3500 better. It really works for what I need it to do...and the meter, even though spazmatic, works better for me. I dont like to see a 60 signal on the meter (like the Coolsat does), only to have a 30 signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)