PIP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Does anyone know if DTV will ever come with a good PIP solution. My Samsung TV has a really crappy PIP. It only allows the cable TV input to be used for the small PIP window. No sound, no resizing, and no moving.
I would like to be able to have DTV in both, and have better control. My Vizio in my bedroom has an excellent PIP feature, but even with that, I would still need to DTV receivers.

PIP has always required two inputs hasn't it? Dish has DVRs that can put out 2 separate signals but 1 in HD and 1 in SD. I don't know if Directv would ever implement it though.

if you are wanting it for sports or news, simply tune to the mix channels. you can move the selector over the different channels to get sound from whichever you desire.

other than that, get a new TV with better PIP and a 2nd RX.

Yeah I figured as much. The mix chanels would be nice if I could control which games showed up in them.

PIP requires two different inputs. Directv does not split so you can watch one and another at the same one on on reciever.. if you had TWO recievers, then yes it would work...

i can see DISH could be an advantage bc you can use the main input to one side of PIP using TV1 and use TV2 for ur other PIP picture.

I did an install 3 years ago where a guy had three tvs in his living room, one DVR and 2 recievers. had all the remotes sync to that reciever. so thats his so called "PIP" with three going all at once. said he likes to watch the sports and doesnt want to miss the action.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)