Playing MKV files on HR-21. HELP!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

willywonkaisrsh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
North Carolina
I have and HR-21 connected with a wired connection to my computer. I am currecntly using TVersity to stream video files to the HR-21. I can get it to play AVI files just fine but whenever I try and play MKV files, which are either a 720p or 1080p video, I get an error message telling me that "The rate of this video is too large for Media Share".

I need to know if their is a work around, either changing settings in Tversity or an update for the HR-21 firmware. I have read else where on the internet that people are able to play MKV files (which i'm guessing are in HD) so it seems that it is possiable.

Can anyone please help me or direct me to somewhere that can?

No Go

I have tried to stream this type of file and it is just too big and doesn't play nice with the HR21. It was all blocky and choppy

I dont have a problem with choppy video, I just cant even get it to play. I really dont think the video is to large of a file because I even tried to play a 30 sec clip and it still would not play. I know you can convert but really dont want to have to do that.

Beg D* or hope for the second coming which ever comes first :) J/K

D* would be the source of the update. I myself am waiting for them to expend the supported files.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts