The PlayStation Vue Thread

The new app is much improved. Just installed it on my old Roku 3 and it is fairly smooth even on it.

I really like the guide and prefer it to the fire and PS guide. The infinite scroll is great. Add the video in the top corner and it would be near perfect.

Some shortcuts are missing that the fire has. I could get by without them, but some I do use often. The last channel for instance.

I hope they roll this guide out to the other platforms. I'm gonna stick with the fire TV, as I have them at all sets, but if I were buying to out a box at each tv for this service, I'd not hesitate to recommend the Roku if that is what one preferred. I would have before

Anyone tried it with the new Roku stick?

It's nice that the Roku app is no longer a barrier for folks who would prefer PS Vue based on channels, DVR, locals, value, etc. Though it never ceased to amaze me when people who only streamed on Roku would say how much they like PS Vue.

The new app is much improved. Just installed it on my old Roku 3 and it is fairly smooth even on it.

I really like the guide and prefer it to the fire and PS guide. The infinite scroll is great. Add the video in the top corner and it would be near perfect.

Some shortcuts are missing that the fire has. I could get by without them, but some I do use often. The last channel for instance.

I hope they roll this guide out to the other platforms. I'm gonna stick with the fire TV, as I have them at all sets, but if I were buying to out a box at each tv for this service, I'd not hesitate to recommend the Roku if that is what one preferred. I would have before

Anyone tried it with the new Roku stick?

I tried to update for the stick and there is no update for Vue.

I'm not a huge channel surfer so the Roku tile GUI didn't bug me before, but the guide I'm accustom to looking at for 20 years is nice!

Haven't had much time to test with this but will do tonight.

I did see some Amazon Fire Vue youtube reviews. I really liked how there was a movie option that pulls all VOD movies from channels you sub to. That was slick. Hopefully Roku adds that.

I updated everything before I went to the Vue app.
Ok, just make sure you are on OS8, it's not available to everyone yet but should be by year end

You have to have that before the app will update

Last edited:
Haven't checked in on the new Roku yet, but regarding a different Vue subject......I have said this before.....wish they would add some worthwhile channels like Hallmark and History. Not just crap like Adult Swim that was added a few days ago.:thumbdown

Haven't checked in on the new Roku yet, but regarding a different Vue subject......I have said this before.....wish they would add some worthwhile channels like Hallmark and History. Not just crap like Adult Swim that was added a few days ago.:thumbdown
How much extra would you pay? Direc tv now has them and it would cost me $60 to get those with regional sports and no dvr. Bloated tv just like cable.

Not ready to do that yet. Really just want Hallmark for the Christmas movies and History for The Curse of Oak Island. If it comes back this year. Guess there is some question of whether it will. And I have found a way to see the new Christmas movies. Only one has played so far this season and I watched it last weekend. Next new ones are this weekend. Hope my way continues to work.

Not ready to do that yet. Really just want Hallmark for the Christmas movies and History for The Curse of Oak Island. If it comes back this year. Guess there is some question of whether it will. And I have found a way to see the new Christmas movies. Only one has played so far this season and I watched it last weekend. Next new ones are this weekend. Hope my way continues to work.

YouTube has a lot of those Hallmark holiday movies, don't know about the legality. I think you can buy season for Curse of Oak Island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)