POLL: Sathawk/Solomend/Openbox timer behavior

the timer on my receiver behaves as follows:

• Doesn't display the time in standby, doesn't remember the time when waking up.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Doesn't display the time in standby, DOES remember the time when waking up.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOES display the time in standby, doesn't remember the time when waking up.

• DOES display the time in standby, DOES remember the time when waking up.

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
A recent post made me question just how many versions of the hardware there are.

THis is the one thing that really annoys me about my Solomend.How hard and how much more cost would it add to the unit to be able to keep time.

The time/timer issue is annoying to me also. I've heard the factory is working on the timer issue. I hope when they fix the timer issue they also add a digital clock via the front panel when in standby mode.

Hopefully a new firmware update will come soon.

I really would like to know who it is that does the firmware developement. I was trying to find out the codes for the remote control for the receiver so that I could incorporate it into my SLINGBOX HD PRO and don't seem to be able to get that file. Anybody have any ideas?

I hope when they fix the timer issue they also add a digital clock via the front panel when in standby mode.
There already seems to be one on my Solomend, but it either appears after setting multiple events and the first event ends, or randomly, out of the blue. Not something anyone can depend on... I've given up on waiting for fixes and just load the firmware versions that work for a particular task. Each of my dishes likes a different firmware version for a particular band or symbol rate, so I'm always switching between two or three versions.

Stogie, that was my point in putting up the poll. The post that says it works fine is here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-my-openbox-s9-hd-pvr-review.html#post2422643

I don't remember anybody else ever saying that it worked that way. The closest thing is, when it first came out, someone asked whether anyone else's had a very dim clock visible if you looked at it in the dark. Mine doesn't even do that, and I don't remember too many people answering that in the affirmative either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts