possible setup questions/suggest

imran

Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
I am going to be moving into a newly built house in a couple of weeks and would like some suggestions on how best to set up my cable/satellite connections.

Wiring layout: The house has cable outlets in 7 rooms. All 7 cables come out to the side of the house (there is no swtich/splitter). Unfortunately the wiring is run in-between the floors and not the attic.

What we know we want: My wife wants DishNetwork installed because of the international channels (in 2 rooms thus far). I want a cable modem installed in a third room (preferably with TV access coming in on the same cable in that room, i.e. cable modem splitter in the room).

What I am undecided about: Whether I should go ahead and get a second dishnetwork dish installed for the American channels, or get digital cable. I may get an HDTV in a few months, and at that point might be swayed to get Voom installed.

I'd like some advice on how to best set up the house. I have seen some "active multi-switches" that take 3 inputs and 8 outputs. Would such a device work with a cable modem and satellite service from 2 different providers? I suppose I will be attaching this to the outside wall of the house. Any other possible set ups?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)