Possible Upcoming Software Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It only shows 3 tuners when hitting the red button. Under software version it says: S213 NACB 6/22/2012, 1:29AM

Only reason I knew it was working was because I saw this "tip"
View attachment 78268

Am I understanding that if Hopper 2 is turned off you cannot access it from hopper 1? So iff no one has been watching the hopper in the basement (So it's not on), I would have to walk down there and turn it on if I wanted to access the content on it from the Hopper in the living room?

Can you access PTAT shows from the other hopper? I would really like to be able to turn PTAT off on my second hopper to end my conflicts and still be able to watch PTAT on both of them.

Can you access PTAT shows from the other hopper? I would really like to be able to turn PTAT off on my second hopper to end my conflicts and still be able to watch PTAT on both of them.

That would be great if you can :)

Well the hopper to hopper may be working (haven't tried since both hoppers at home theater location). However the joey's are now having problems. I can see both hoppers from the normal drop down and when we select a DVR show from other Hopper (not currently linked to) the program starts to play (as it should) then error code 1303 shows up saying trying to link to hopper (that is was linked to before trying to watch DVR show from Second hopper). So to get around this you need to do like before and change which hopper the joey is linked to. Here is the kicker, Since the update the blue button Network Setup short cut no longer works. Now we have to go through the menu, setting, network, whole home.

So hopper to hopper may be working but it really didn't help my joey to hopper seeing both hopper stuff easily. Actually made it worse since short cut is gone. Hope they get this figured out "soon".

LOL I said "soon".

Shawn

edit (typo)

My hope is I can pull programing from a DVR or EHD from either Hopper to any TV I happen to be watching Joeyed included.....simple.

gjcavana said:
Am I understanding that if Hopper 2 is turned off you cannot access it from hopper 1? So iff no one has been watching the hopper in the basement (So it's not on), I would have to walk down there and turn it on if I wanted to access the content on it from the Hopper in the living room?

Nope. I haven't touched Hopper two since last night, and yet was able to access it's programming from Hopper one just now without physically turning Hopper two on.

So hopper to hopper may be working but it really didn't help my joey to hopper seeing both hopper stuff easily. Actually made it worse since short cut is gone. Hope they get this figured out "soon".
and your joey is updated to s265?

king3pj said:

You can access the PTAT recordings on the other Hopper just as if they were on the Hopper you are using. And before anyone can ask, Autohop is working as well.

Nope. I haven't touched Hopper two since last night, and yet was able to access it's programming from Hopper one just now without physically turning Hopper two on.

You gotta remember, it's never really off when plugged in- it's in standby.

navychop said:
You gotta remember, it's never really off when plugged in- it's in standby.

I know, I just figured since I have the update, I'd do some hands on testing and answer the questions that pop up directly.

I don't have it yet myself, or at least I didn't as of last night. It's a start, but I think we're all looking forward to the time when it's all one "big honkin' virtual DVR" with all resources pooled amongst all the devices.

I know, that's going to take a while but that will be awesome if/when it arrives.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

So, am I screwed since one of my hoppers has S213 and the other one has S212?

The S213 hopper can see the primetime from S212 hopper, but when I try to select the S213 hopper from the S212 hopper it says sharing is coming soon. Also, the S213 hopper cannot see manual recordings from the S212 hopper...only the primetime.

So, am I screwed since one of my hoppers has S213 and the other one has S212?

You're not screwed. You'll just have to wait on that other hopper to update when they start pushing the firmware out for wider release.

s213 only went out to a very limited number of hoppers in this initial batch.

FWIW one of my hoppers got 213 last night and as mentioned above I can see my other hoppers PTAT folder (doesn't show my dvr events from 2nd hopper) but when I try to go to it it says no events to display.

Both of my Hoppas received s213 this week. I can see and watch recorded shows from the other Hoppa. Pretty cool and it has made my wife very happy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)