PQ has improved it seems or did it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are the current fixes going to improve the SD channels? Like the sparkly lines and the few channels that are way overcompressed?

Has anybody notice any PQ improvement in the last few days? I maybe wrong but I got the impression that the west-feed HD channels looked better last night than before.

I thought discovery sharks under glass yesterday looked very good. I checked this forum but no one was commenting on it.

vurbano said:
I thought discovery sharks under glass yesterday looked very good. I checked this forum but no one was commenting on it.
I forgot to mention DHDT in my previous post - yeah, it looked really sharp. Like you I'm surprise that no one else commented here or on Yahoo.

You guys are killing me here, I really need to get my pj back from the shop, it's been 2 weeks now and I am having serious HD withdrawals. With all of these PQ issues going on I can't participate. I'm currently viewing my TV programming on my 13" Commodore monitor that I have in my HT for monitoring purposes. :cool:
Not to mention all the PlayboyHD programs that I've taped and haven't been able to 'evaluate'. :p

discovery channel is back baby! Watching revolution on wheels at 10pm tonite. It is veryyyyyyy sharp. Would someone please do a comparison?

vurbano said:
discovery channel is back baby! Watching revolution on wheels at 10pm tonite. It is veryyyyyyy sharp. Would someone please do a comparison?

still a bit sharper thru D* DHD feed, BUT it does still look great. I can't really complain.

Well, discovery HD does look like it got its pq glory back. Just watched the Troy trailer and I though I was inside the movie. Kind of what you expect when you watch anything on discover HD.

Sean Mota said:
Well, discovery HD does look like it got its pq glory back. Just watched the Troy trailer and I though I was inside the movie. Kind of what you expect when you watch anything on discover HD.
What a tease those HD trailers are. Think about it? The movie theatre IMO, (I know ill get blasted for this) just looks a little blurry to me not as crisp as home theatre HD. I preffer DVDs at home on the widescreen. But those trailers are HD and they look incredible. Just think how long it will be before you can see Troy in HD with that level of PQ? When its at the theatre? nope IMHO, at blockbuster as a dvd, well it wont be HD, for sale as dvd? nope. Got to wait until it comes to showtime or hbo probably.

Try to find a true, 70mm theater and watch something there.
Not many of them left...

Lob

Yesterday was my first day of Voomin. I watched Iceage, Sopranos, Some tigers killing stuff on Discovery, and Enterprise on my Local channels and the PQ seemed GREAT to me. Im even having some convergance probs with my tv and It looked great. Although, this is my FIRST time seeing an hd signal so....

MrWhoa said:
Yesterday was my first day of Voomin. I watched Iceage, Sopranos, Some tigers killing stuff on Discovery, and Enterprise on my Local channels and the PQ seemed GREAT to me. Im even having some convergance probs with my tv and It looked great. Although, this is my FIRST time seeing an hd signal so....
wow an HD virgin. Congrats! you'll probably turn your nose up at SD now lmao.

I am watching the adventures of Jimmy Neutron on Nickelodeon, 5:37pm in SD on my 47" rptv. I recall being told that nick looked awful but this picture is great! I see to blurriness, no short red sparklies. the animation looks almost 3d to me and my son has it stretched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)