Pre-order Resistance 2

Why would you preorder from Amazon, and for those that do this regularly, why do you preorder at all? Places like CC offering $10 GCs the day they're released for example, while ordering it online you have to hope it arrives the same day. Not like it's going to sell out or anything.

Well I know, but I was just wondering why people would be interested in general, not knocking a platform or a specific game.

If GTA didn't sell out, I am not sure what would other than things that are produced with hardware and therefore have a smaller quantitiy available normally (Rock Band, Guitar Hero).

I preordered MGS kind of as an impulse buy, and to try the online beta (which was bleh) but in the absence of an incentive why preorder?

I kind of agree. I think pre-orders are pointless unless its for a console. A game as big as: Halo, GTA, RFOM are so greatly mass produced that there is plenty of stock on the shelves for everyone. No need to pre-order in my opinion.

Well I did pre-order MGS al Game Stop becaus they game me an additional 20% for the trade-in games that I took there. Most of the gives I go to CC and get them, even for those that I prepaidm, I just use the $5 for other trade-ins as a credit.

I remember pre-ordering DVDs from Amazon when it seemed it would be about the best price I could get for them within the first month or so of release, until I discovered that week-of-release prices were just as good if not better at local B&Ms like Fry's and Best Buy.

Unless there is a serious price break, pre-orders just give fans the peace of mind that "it's on the way" and a certain level of proof of their fanboyness. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts