Pre-order Resistance 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why would you preorder from Amazon, and for those that do this regularly, why do you preorder at all? Places like CC offering $10 GCs the day they're released for example, while ordering it online you have to hope it arrives the same day. Not like it's going to sell out or anything.

Well I know, but I was just wondering why people would be interested in general, not knocking a platform or a specific game.

If GTA didn't sell out, I am not sure what would other than things that are produced with hardware and therefore have a smaller quantitiy available normally (Rock Band, Guitar Hero).

I preordered MGS kind of as an impulse buy, and to try the online beta (which was bleh) but in the absence of an incentive why preorder?

I kind of agree. I think pre-orders are pointless unless its for a console. A game as big as: Halo, GTA, RFOM are so greatly mass produced that there is plenty of stock on the shelves for everyone. No need to pre-order in my opinion.

Well I did pre-order MGS al Game Stop becaus they game me an additional 20% for the trade-in games that I took there. Most of the gives I go to CC and get them, even for those that I prepaidm, I just use the $5 for other trade-ins as a credit.

I remember pre-ordering DVDs from Amazon when it seemed it would be about the best price I could get for them within the first month or so of release, until I discovered that week-of-release prices were just as good if not better at local B&Ms like Fry's and Best Buy.

Unless there is a serious price break, pre-orders just give fans the peace of mind that "it's on the way" and a certain level of proof of their fanboyness. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)