Price for virtual Joey??

Now, you folks weren't using BOTH arms and BOTH legs, were you?

;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I got a software update for my LG LA9700 tv yesterday. Looked to find what was new. Lo and behold I found a Dish app to download the virtual Joey. Installed app linked to one of my Hoppers and it gave me a message to call Dish to authorize. Technician was surprised that I got app and that it was just supposed to go to beta testers. Told him I must be a beta tester;). Unfortunately that didn't work:( Said it will not be ready for the general public till May-June of this year

Last edited:
I can't remember and I'm too lazy to search, was the VJ xbox 360/One compatible or just PS3/4. I know LG tv's. My son has a joey in his room and 360. joey almost never gets used, my first instinct is just to get rid of it, he likely wouldn't even know, but if VJ was an option with the 360 I would do it for sure.

I'm sure they put a lot of money into development and creating the app and infrastructure to support it. I don't think prices have been made public yet.
Certainly less than R&D for the Joey and Super Joey, without the added HW costs.

In fact, it is probably along the lines of Dish Anywhere, which is free.

Certainly less than R&D for the Joey and Super Joey, without the added HW costs.

In fact, it is probably along the lines of Dish Anywhere, which is free.

From what I've seen it's nothing like Dish Anywhere. To me it acts exactly like a Joey and uses a Joey remote. You don't need any kind of computer or other external site. When I saw it last year they said you may be able to have it so the app opens up when you turn the TV on so there is no messing around with going into the apps menu.

I believe it's going to be 7 bucks.

To me having it auto-start, at least on a smart tv, would be a nice feature, almost a necessity. I don't have an LG, but my smart tv is a little clunky as far as navigating to the browser and then getting to where you want to go. Having an HDMI-CEC like function on the VJ would be useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)