Primestar Dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Yep!

Too bad its to one side, the mounts with the elevation bolt in the middle raise and lower the dish much more evenly :)

Like the SatelliteAV Geosat 1.2

Attachments

• GeoSat 1.2.jpg
    GeoSat 1.2.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 76
Well, now that I have a pole in cement/bucket, lnb, and such, I am going to aim the Primestar for IA5 this weekend. Of course, the weather shows 93 and humid :-( I hope I can do it fast. I tried the other night just for fun, and got 105w so I will aim it in the general area, and then blind scan and adjust as needed. Just a quick question - can I scan just the h or v? 400 items to scan takes a loooong time :)

That's how I did it Monday night. My fortec lifetime NA can just scan V or H.

I printed out the page on Langsat that list ALL the FTA for North America. Then I aimed in the general direction with a Satellite finder meter. Then blind scanned. I was receiving White Spring TV.

Since that is on IA7 looking on Langsat I saw that I needed to move 5 deg. left and 5 deg higher to aim at G10. The elevation adjustment screw worked good.

It took me about 20 min. from the time I found White Spring, to locate G10R, fine tune everything and lock it all down.

I still need to run coax into the house to my switch but on 11720 I am getting a quality of around 59.

Let us know how it goes.

Great! I have the Fortec Lifetime NA also. Scanning 400 items took forever - well only about 20 minutes or so :) Your method sounds like mine - Meter, Scan, adjust. Will keep all posted :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)