Primestar Dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Fortec .4 lnbf that ICE talked about and pictured I bought two of. I used those to replace the two original lnb's on the two P* dishes. The Fortec's are fantastic and I believe the best for the money!!!

They're nice small LNB's..only drawback (for me anyways) is its a Universal so I cant use 22k switches

Larry,

Let us know if this guy is really willing to sell a few for SatelliteGuys memebers. I'd pay $60 (including shipping) to have him send one to me in NY. I'm not a big fan of Ebay, but I'd be willing to send this guy a money order if the price is right.

Maybe you should become a broker / liason for this guy.

Cheers,
Hantu

and you can still use the 22k switch for 110/119 to only occupy one port on the Diseqc switch (or a combo of any of the two existing slots)

hantu said:
Larry,

Let us know if this guy is really willing to sell a few for SatelliteGuys memebers. I'd pay $60 (including shipping) to have him send one to me in NY. I'm not a big fan of Ebay, but I'd be willing to send this guy a money order if the price is right.

Maybe you should become a broker / liason for this guy.

Cheers,
Hantu

I am anxiously awaiting for my wife to hear back from him on Monday. I will let you all know what I find out. I am really hoping that he will just give them to me so he does not have to pay to dump them at the landfill :) Of course I am willing to pay for them. Not sure what they are worth without the lnbs though.

Iceberg said:
and you can still use the 22k switch for 110/119 to only occupy one port on the Diseqc switch (or a combo of any of the two existing slots)

THANKS! I will do that when I get another dish up :) Switches, cables, geesh, how will I keep them orgainized :)

iafirebuff said:
THANKS! I will do that when I get another dish up :) Switches, cables, geesh, how will I keep them orgainized :)

hee hee....I know the feeling..When I did some moving around of dishes/cables etc I had 7 or 8 cables that I didnt know what dish they were for so I hooked them up directly to a box and played "lets narrow it down" :)

Iceberg said:
Larry
Here is what I meant by gutting the LNB case :)

When you remove the plastic, whats left is a 20mm shaft to fit right on that P* dish :)

Use the macro/close up mode on your camera ;) Most of the cams use a little flower as the icon.

Primestar Dish Question - UPDATE!

OK, my wife talked to the Directv guy, and he has 2 Primestar dishes. They do not have any mount as they were pole mounted, and no lnbs. So, I can have them both for $30. I told her to tell him I would take them. I assume they will still work for me, as I was planning to pole mount them myself :) So, now I just need to get an lnb like Iceberg had in his pic and go from there. Anything else I would need? I still am trying to get ahold of the house that has the Primestar dish/lnb.

nope that would be it.

Pole mount it and slap a LNB on it. Might need some type of top clip to hold the LNB in. Local hardware store should have something to rig up :)

weird they have DirecTV LNBs on them...must have been using the dishes to combat rain fade :)

I'd keep the LNB's...never know when you'll need them. Heck I've got probably 30 DBS LNB's...never know when you'll need em :D

Iceberg said:
Heck I've got probably 30 DBS LNB's...never know when you'll need em :D

Same here about 30............. thousand :D

Attachments

• Pict0042.JPG
    Pict0042.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 126
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)