PrimeStar lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coathanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Using a primestar 36"/40" dish pointing at Gal 10r,My question is' what sort of switch do i need to use for the horz and vert inputs? At present only using the vertical side. Any help appreciated.

You can use a standard multiswitch. The most common one that you'll find is a 3X4 multiswitch, where you have a Horizontal input, a Vertical input, and an input for your tv antenna.. then you have 4 outputs to go to your receiver.

Here's a link to one of our supporter's site that sells them:
MULTI-SWITCH 3X4 PERFECT 10 - SatelliteAV, LLC.

Thank you for quick reply. I have a dn switch 21 2 ant inputs 1 out to tv, Idont think this is the correct one.

I believe a SW21 works more like a 22k switch in that it uses something other than horizontal/vertical switching to switch between inputs. Anything other than a multiswitch that is designed to combine horizontal and vertical signals will require you to setup multiple satellites to access the different inputs. i.e. you could use a 22k switch or a diseqc (or a sw21 if your fta receiver could control one, which I'm not sure the actual control mechanism for a sw21 is supported by most/and fta receivers), but the way that FTa receivers are designed, you'd have to define a satellite for the first port of the switch, and another satellite for the 2nd port (most/all fta receivers don't support having multiple lnb's on the same satellite, which is what using one of those switches would basically indicate)

Thank you very much for Quick reply to both senior members. I understand your answers to my question.

I have actually used a Primestar dish and LNB with dual ports (H,V) with a dish network legacy SW21 to combine both ports into 1 input and it works great. The only problem is you can't use that SW21 in conjunction with any other Diseqc switches - or at least I haven't had any success with it. I guess you could also try just a standard 22khz switch and that would work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)