Prof 7301, 7500 and 8000 Tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
would be nice to get a update on the BS interface.....even if they have a ways to go still. They only mention talks with Skyview. With progs like DVBdream moving away from freeware, it would be nice to know whom is going to support this interface. Been tempted to purchase DVBviewer (just for transedit) or DVBdream (AAC support) but reluctant simply because of the BS interface, with trumps all other needs for me for a DVB prog :)

About Blind Scan PTG Engine Interface...

They only mention talks with Skyview.
Also
DVBDream (X05 asked me via email).
SichboPvr (Benjamin asked me via email, Sichbo(Simon) asked me via PM in dvbn.happysat).

Also I discuss it with Prog. I think that he will after the discoverers.

Now we must wait for the R&D.

must be lost in translation, I'll ignore the first line and read the second.

Thanks for the changelog, I wont bother switching my prof over to windows unless there is a blindscan driver/software released. Windows is a horrible os imo for doing anything at all in

Hi,
I recently bought a PROF 7500 USB revolution series. Everything is working and fine, but
today I noticed something that raised my concern about my card being counterfeit.
It's about the "USB 2.0 CERTIFIED" logo on top of the device.
actually it is written "CERTIFIEO". I mean letter "O" instead of "D".
Here is a picture of my card.
I have to note that I could register my device in prof-tuners.com successfully.
Anybody seen this before?
I want to know if this is natural or my card is counterfeit.
Thanks in advance...
sorry for my poor English.

Attachments

• IMG_3840oo.JPG
    IMG_3840oo.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Thank you for your quick replies.
I live in iran (middle-east) and I got mine from a local store.
If it is genuine, they have to correct that in future productions because I think people are really sensitive about this things.
well, that's a shame.

Has anyone successfully installed the 7500 in 64 bit Vista? I downloaded the "Win x64 bit"drivers from their site but Vista refuses to install them, and those drivers seemed to be the only ones that could possibly work so I'm a bit lost here.

The older version installed without any problems, thanks :)
Seems weird that the newer version won't work though, hopefully there are no major issues in this old version.

What are warranty periods for Prof cards in North America?

I noticed recently, when switching to DVB-S2 in AltDVB or DVBDream, my Prof-7301 works for 2-3 min, then the app gets locked, and requires PC reboot to start working again on any S or S2 channel. Anyone else experienced such issue? I wonder if its Elecard codec bugs, or some caps on the card need replacement, as the tuner NIM heats up a lot more when decoding DVB-S2? It's been working pretty well for a while though... :)

I didn't notice any particular switching to cause the lockups but the same things happens in Aldvb with my 7301. It locks after 3-5 minutes, doesn't seem to matter what codecs or renderers I'm using. I should try with my Prof 8000 to see if its the same...

Where did you buy your Prof cards - in their site's online store or locally? What warranty period was printed on your receipt or other docs? Do you know, who pays for warranty related shipments back-n-forward?

I hope, its AltDVB fault, this app hasn't being updated for awhile, but I still manage to use it in both XP and Win7, since its the ideal app to move the motor where it really should be moved for a given sat. Works well to position a dish, before switching to TSReader to play with the sat. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)