Prof 7301, 7500 and 8000 Tuners

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Stephan1

I've been using the Prof 7500 for freeview here in the UK for a couple of months, and am impressed at its speed, sensitivity and build quality.

I went back to Prof for a second tuner, but was advised by Stephan in a support email to get an 8000 (PCI-E), as two identical Prof tuners won't work on the same machine.

My 8000 turned up a week ago, but a little problem: there is no Windows 32-bit driver on the install CD, and W7 32-bit driver on the Prof site.

I've sent in a couple of support emails to Prof, but have had no reply, so please could you tell me:
1) does the 8000 work with Windows 32-bit yet?
2) how/where is a driver?

I'm cool waiting a month, or perhaps trying an alpha or beta driver, but would like to start using the tuner ...

Cheers Judy

well I took the plunge. My prof 7500 is shipped and enroute. should see it in about a month, gona be interesting I have all the cables layed out and ready, wife is gonig to have to hook it up because im not going to be around lol. we'll see if she can figure it out for me so I can remote access in :)

I ordered my Prof 7500 from Hong Kong before Rick got them in stock. Took a little over a week to get it. It's the best DVB/DVB-S2 tuner I've used so far.

I also got mine before Rick carried them, and the shipping took about 10 days from China, although I was prepared for a month delay. The 7500 has definetly been the easiest to deal with of the 4 units I've had. If only I could get it to work with TSreader, I'd be much happier.
:)

I ordered mine from HK, Ive had bad experience ordering anything from the USA, I wish I could support the US dealers more I really do but anything that cross's that Canada/USA border gets raped and the way through.

I ordered a $60usd spaun 411 from a dealer once and by the time it arrived I had paid $125cdn total. The border charges you duty, handling fee's, environmental fee's on electronics, provincial tax, federal tax, misc fee's (no joke Ive seen 'misc fee' on way bills from the border)

its not the dealers fault, its that damn border crossing, its screwing dealers out of customers. HK was $65 and rick is $75 imo his price is more then fair and I would gladly spend $10 more to support someone in the USA. but with all the fee's Id be charged Id pay probably close to $150cdn vs $65 for that tuner. I just cant afford the difference.

I ordered mine from HK, Ive had bad experience ordering anything from the USA, I wish I could support the US dealers more I really do but anything that cross's that Canada/USA border gets raped and the way through.

I ordered a $60usd spaun 411 from a dealer once and by the time it arrived I had paid $125cdn total. The border charges you duty, handling fee's, environmental fee's on electronics, provincial tax, federal tax, misc fee's (no joke Ive seen 'misc fee' on way bills from the border)

its not the dealers fault, its that damn border crossing, its screwing dealers out of customers. HK was $65 and rick is $75 imo his price is more then fair and I would gladly spend $10 more to support someone in the USA. but with all the fee's Id be charged Id pay probably close to $150cdn vs $65 for that tuner. I just cant afford the difference.

I hear ya man same thing here. Just bought a Prof 7500 from HK $62 US cost me $84 Canadian to my door in 3 days.. We North Americans have got to get our act together the asians are eating our lunch

Just purchased a Prof 7301, should be here Monday...

I'm brand new to FTA, I have a receiver I just got - wish I did a little research - seems PC cards are more capable, and since I already have a windows 7 HTPC running, this should (*should!) integrate nicely.

I don't care if it works through WMC or not (although that'd be nice...), I just hope windows supports blind scanning with this card. I believe it does, from what I've read - I hope I'm not wrong on that.

My 8000 turned up a week ago, but a little problem: there is no Windows 32-bit driver on the install CD, and W7 32-bit driver on the Prof site.

I've sent in a couple of support emails to Prof, but have had no reply, so please could you tell me:
1) does the 8000 work with Windows 32-bit yet?
2) how/where is a driver?

They must have been posted fairly recently, but the Prof site now shows "temporary" 32-bit drivers for the 8000 in the download section. They claim the release versions are expected in June.

I'd think that you could. If I'm not mistaken, the chipsets are the same as the 7301.

Jim

ama have to make another partition on my lappy and microwave box for linux if that's the case.. hehe

When I first was looking at buying the 7500, I saw a post of two somehwere about people messing with a Linux driver and blindscan. I didn't bookmark where those were so hopefully this stuff will surface. Can't wait to get blindscan that works with Windows as well!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)