Professional baseball in south Florida last chance...

The combination of a new stadium and a talented team can do great things for a franchise.

See the Indians before and after Jacobs Field.

Well.....you also HAVE to include good baseball people and scouting. The Indians have done an amazing job of raising very good ballplayers within the farm system. I would say one of the best in baseball.

The combination of a new stadium and a talented team can do great things for a franchise.

See the Indians before and after Jacobs Field.

Actually....coming back to this comment....I would LOVE the EXACT success that the Indians have had. Right now, I honestly think the Marlins have THE BEST farm system as far as evaulating talent and the THE BEST baseball operations guy in Larry Beinfest in ALL of baseball. It would be safe to say that the ONLY silver linning that has come out with the Marlins trading their good talent, in almost EVERY CASE, the Marlins have gotten the better part of the deal.

NOW imagine if the were able to keep a payroll of about 60-70 million?!!

Yep, I can almost see it now.....

Well...dismantling the team sure as hell was not gonna put people in seats either. Wayne the crap stain, NEVER gave the Marlins a fighting chance to defend the World Series in 1997 and neither did the current boob, Loria. Then John Henry had the negociating smoothness of a bull in a china shop and then had the BALLS to say, "I'll build MY OWN STADIUM.....I don't need the county or the state"....we're still waiting on THAT stadium.....:rolleyes: I guess he is gonna build it in some Boston suburb.....LOL!

Quite beating around the bush. How do you really feel about those guys?

Quite beating around the bush. How do you really feel about those guys?

LMAO!! Wayne NEVER cared about baseball...he was a fake about the Marlins from day one! He had a close personal relationship with Dan Marino, who NEVER came close to bring him a championship while the Marlins had a World Series trophy within 4 years of coming into the league and never got close to anyone. John Henry, that guy had the personality of a rock and NEVER wanted to make any strides to warm up to the Miami-Dade community.....the ONLY reason he had a chance in owning the Red Sox is because he brokered a deal with MLB and having Montreal brass move here(almost ALL of the Expos office INCLUDING the former owner is now running the Marlins). And Loria, well.....he is the current boob, but has the benefit of the doubt....sort of....;)

LMAO!! Wayne NEVER cared about baseball...he was a fake about the Marlins from day one! He had a close personal relationship with Dan Marino, who NEVER came close to bring him a championship while the Marlins had a World Series trophy within 4 years of coming into the league and never got close to anyone. John Henry, that guy had the personality of a rock and NEVER wanted to make any strides to warm up to the Miami-Dade community.....the ONLY reason he had a chance in owning the Red Sox is because he brokered a deal with MLB and having Montreal brass move here(almost ALL of the Expos office INCLUDING the former owner is now running the Marlins). And Loria, well.....he is the current boob, but has the benefit of the doubt....sort of....;)

damn man... next time let me squeeze one in there :D you covered all the angles on wayne........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts