Programs start recording too late

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
For most of the network shows I'm "taping" with either my HR10-250 or R15, it seems like I'm missing the first 10-20 seconds when I start watching them. With a VCR you could always change the current time on the VCR to solve that problem but there doesn't appear to be any way to do that with the DVR's.

First thing you're probably going to say is to record the show saying to start it 1 minute earlier. Can't do this though because if I'm taping an 8-9 and 9-10 show back to back, the 9-10 show can't start 1 minute earlier.

Anybody else seeing this and is there any way to fix it?
Jeff

I noticed this with SciFi (not a problem until the next season starts), and spike, I think. I started recording the shield, and was always catching the end of the first one at the begining of the next one. That's annoying, so I am about to just add the DVD sets to my cue on blockbuster. I was watching old ones anyway. Very annoying. I have an R10 Tivo.

dcwebman said:
First thing you're probably going to say is to record the show saying to start it 1 minute earlier. Can't do this though because if I'm taping an 8-9 and 9-10 show back to back, the 9-10 show can't start 1 minute earlier.

Anybody else seeing this and is there any way to fix it?
Jeff

If you use both tuners on the R15, you can set the 1 min earlier thingy.

Unfortunately I'm usually using both tuners for back to back. All right, call me a couch potato. And I'm seeing this with more than just NBC starting early. Wish there was a way to set the DVR's time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)