At9 Upgrades (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
are installers suposed to replace the multiswitch in installs of 5 or more recievers with the new 6x8 ka/ku one?
 

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 9, 2006
116
0
Columbus, OH
I bought my own $125 multi-switch from CC a few years back when I kept adding boxes to my home setup.

I got my AT9 last week...nothing was said about it and it wasn't changed. All of my H20 units HAVE had coaxial filters of some sort that came in the DTV boxes. I put them on my 3 H20 units myself. I haven't taken them off to see what I'm losing.
 

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
4,022
0
Hartford Connecticut
I just had the AT9 installed. He repaced my multi-switch with a new 6x8 non-powered to accomodate Ka and Ku. Here's the funny thing. This dish is smaller than my previous Channel Master Gainmaster 3 lnb. Signal strength is great on this thing. Now I just need some channels. Hartford locals not active yet.
 

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 24, 2004
156
0
i can sell the right multiswitch to you for 45 plus shipping if you want one...pm me


they are the correct ones....

the wideband ones
 

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
urnote96 said:
i can sell the right multiswitch to you for 45 plus shipping if you want one...pm me


they are the correct ones....

the wideband ones

why should or would i buy something the d* failed to install
 

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
rockaway1836 said:
I spoke with a CSR from D last night. She said yes they are, and it's part of standard instalation.

funny the one i spoke to in "tech support" stated that nom the one i had will work fine (honestly dont think she had a clue or a single bulb lit in here head) i wouldent of signed off on the install if i had know this. what do you all sugest i do, since i was looking forward to freeing up that outlet again by getting the non powered one.
 

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 12, 2005
361
0
Columbus, Ohio
RIRWIN1983, I believe you live in columbus so I know that Bluegrass satellite (columbus installers) have the new multswitches. My neighbor got one of the new switches with his install.
 

rockaway1836

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2005
608
0
Myrtle Beach SC
RIRWIN1983 said:
funny the one i spoke to in "tech support" stated that nom the one i had will work fine (honestly dont think she had a clue or a single bulb lit in here head) i wouldent of signed off on the install if i had know this. what do you all sugest i do, since i was looking forward to freeing up that outlet again by getting the non powered one.

Check out the post by Charper1 in this thread. Look at the Aiming guide and call D back and let them know what happened.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59350&highlight=at9+manual
 

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
rockaway1836 said:
Check out the post by Charper1 in this thread. Look at the Aiming guide and call D back and let them know what happened.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59350&highlight=at9+manual


She's saying (the D* CSR) that the only reason they would put that in ( the wideband 6x8) if high def locals were available in my area. (and they arnt yet, but now defeats the purpose of getting the dish upgraded early) and she further stated that if they had put that switch in that it wouldent of worked for anything (which makes no sence) so i ended up hangin up on her. i dont know if she dident have a clue what she was saying, bc she did put me on hold to find this out, or it might be true, i need imput here........
 

rockaway1836

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 18, 2005
608
0
Myrtle Beach SC
I don't know what to tell you. You would think that when they do the install they would bring it up to current specs at the time. Now using the CSR 's logic they will have to come back when everything goes live. It makes no sence to me either. The CSR that I spoke to was very specific as to it being done. However I must say: I had called to inquire about the special offer for the H-20 and AT-9 install for $99 the original CSR passed me off to one that delt with HI-Def. At least that's what they told me.
 

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
11,351
1,032
Dorchester, TX.
landlocked said:
I bought my own $125 multi-switch from CC a few years back when I kept adding boxes to my home setup.

I got my AT9 last week...nothing was said about it and it wasn't changed. All of my H20 units HAVE had coaxial filters of some sort that came in the DTV boxes. I put them on my 3 H20 units myself. I haven't taken them off to see what I'm losing.
If you have more than 4 receivers connected you NEED to get the WB6X8 switch installed, or there is no sense in having an AT9 dish. The wrong switch defeats the Ka band.:)
 

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
which is my whole point. it totaly defeats me upgrading to advoid the wait and the lack of notification from d* when i'm live, what do you all sugest?
 

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
4,022
0
Hartford Connecticut
I called retention and got the AT9 install for free. It took several cancels and 1 iffy isntaller that was afraid of my roof. In the end, I finally got it installed by a guy that was fantastic. He installed a 6x8 multiswitch which handles Ka and Ku and my transponders never looked so good on my HD Tivo. So I recommend jumping the gun, get the thing installed, and make sure they put in a 6x8 multiswitch. Oh, and dont pay a thing for it. Now if they would only turn on some content.
 

RIRWIN1983

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2005
543
0
Brewer4 said:
I called retention and got the AT9 install for free. It took several cancels and 1 iffy isntaller that was afraid of my roof. In the end, I finally got it installed by a guy that was fantastic. He installed a 6x8 multiswitch which handles Ka and Ku and my transponders never looked so good on my HD Tivo. So I recommend jumping the gun, get the thing installed, and make sure they put in a 6x8 multiswitch. Oh, and dont pay a thing for it. Now if they would only turn on some content.

i allready had the at9 installed, but the installer failed to change out the 6x8 to the wideband one
 
Mar 17, 2006
6
0
So if I only have one H20 in the house, do I need a 6x8 or what? What should it say on the setup screen where it asks what type of switcher you have?
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top